Vaughan CG Tower | 188.97m | 60s | Cortel Group | BDP Quadrangle

Working on a Saturday! Looks like they are in a rush to beat Festival.

IMG_1237.jpeg

IMG_1239.jpeg

IMG_1240.jpeg

IMG_1246.jpeg

IMG_1248.jpeg

IMG_1255.jpeg

IMG_1256.jpeg

The building looks great - too bad about the context! Empty parking lots and blank space surrounding it. I know this is one of those "build a city from scratch" vibes, but gosh, they have a long way to go.

A very long way. Highway 7 is a very unfriendly roadway for pedestrians, same for Jane. That's part of my problem with these developing "downtowns" in the 905. That, and the big block highrise forms, not that an alternative to that is really quite possible.

Jane still doesn’t even have sidewalks LOL.

Highway 7 is mostly terrible because of the massive amount of truck traffic - If/when the Langstaff bridge over the CN yard gets built, truck traffic should drop a LOT.

I’m hopeful for VMC as a whole. It will never be a downtown Toronto - but I think it’ll turn out decently overall. Just has to get there, and there is a lot of land that needs to be built on to get there. It’s happening surprisingly quickly though.

Remember that a decade ago VMC had not a single building and was just a normal industrial park. Give it another decade and it’ll probably be really starting to come together.

Back