Toronto Casa | 147.52m | 46s | Cresford | a—A

The LED lighting on the perimiter of this unit's balcony is tacky and undermines the architectural integrity in the building's design. I wholeheartedly agree.

Otherwise, the building is stunning, especially at night. Alas, with 1Bloor and Chaz going up, there will be limited angles where one can appreciate CASA's elegant contribution to the mid-town skyline. Whoever has a good angle for a great nighttime shot (with the roof now lit), now's the time to take those pics. The ones posted a few pages back had black levels that were too dark. Let's see who can take the "ultimate" shot of CASA.

The huge weakness of Casa are those glass wrap around balconies as it allows you to see EVERYTHING that people put on their balconies. You can't have it both ways, people have been raving about the Casa glass balconies and now people are complaining that the balconies look tacky since you can see everything that people have on their balconies. I prefer the more traditional balconies myself, not a big fan of Casa's glass, glass and more glass approach. Also, the Casa lobby is a bit weird to me, it is a huge lobby yet the only thing in it is a small security desk and some sofas. I am not saying it should be cluttered or anything but right now it does not seem like the space is really even being utilized. The BSN lobby, while not as flashy, at least makes good use of its space.

Pepper, my complaint is about one individual's "decoration" with LED lighting. Yes, some balconies may too become a problem if cluttered with junk, but overall the building's wraparound balconies are stunning, and look great, with modern/minimalist furniture that suit the building design. You can't teach everyone taste though. People can prefer boxy little "traditional" balconettes, but to me, those are claustrophobic. There's nothing more appealing than openness when you're high above, and glass makes the view much more dramatic; the connection to the city gives a surprising sense of freedom is that much more palpable. A highrise is all about the view, and few buildings rival what you can find at CASA.

As for the lobby, it's all about height and space. Really, no lobby is used for much more than entering and exiting, so I actually prefer it with a minimun of furniture.

Last edited:
Pepper, my complaint is about one individual's "decoration" with LED lighting. Yes, some balconies may too become a problem if cluttered with junk, but overall the building's wraparound balconies are stunning, and look great, with modern/minimalist furniture that suit the building design. You can't teach everyone taste though. People can prefer boxy little "traditional" balconettes, but to me, those are claustrophobic. There's nothing more appealing than openness when you're high above, and glass makes the view much more dramatic; the connection to the city gives a surprising sense of freedom is that much more palpable. A highrise is all about the view, and few buildings rival what you can find at CASA.

As for the lobby, it's all about height and space. Really, no lobby is used for much more than entering and exiting, so I actually prefer it with a minimun of furniture.

It won't be quite as stunning a view when all of these other condos like Chaz and One Bloor East go up, more liked a block view! But that is not a slight against Casa, that is a reality for all of the condos in this neighbourhood. Which is why I think view is overrated anyways, I would rather have a nice interior, great floorplan and amazing amenities than a view. That is just my opinion though.

Whoever has a good angle for a great nighttime shot (with the roof now lit), now's the time to take those pics. The ones posted a few pages back had black levels that were too dark. Let's see who can take the "ultimate" shot of CASA.

I think that androiduk's night time photo of Casa about three pages back rocks, it's the great evening money shot of the buidling.

It won't be quite as stunning a view when all of these other condos like Chaz and One Bloor East go up, more liked a block view! But that is not a slight against Casa, that is a reality for all of the condos in this neighbourhood. Which is why I think view is overrated anyways, I would rather have a nice interior, great floorplan and amazing amenities than a view. That is just my opinion though.

In that case, I've got the best of both worlds - a great view and a nice floor plan with great amenities. Really, I have nothing to complain about here. As for 1 Bloor and other buildings, as long as they're not directly in front (as would be the case with Chaz), I can live with the intensification of the urban landscape. C'est la vie.

Anyone seen the movie Inception? In the latter half of the movie, there are a couple shots of a building that looks like CASA....with the same wrap around balconies. Looks kool!

You are not alone. It looks very similar to casa, but just ALOT bigger :D!

Casa by Night:

4993614357_9ae2580dee_b.jpg

4993655779_43d92556af_b.jpg

Well done! It's great to see the building alive and full of people at night now.

Quite simply, the most elegant looking modern highrise in the city! Even the beautiful, multipurpose TIFF/Bell Lightbox doesn't quite match up.

Every time I see a photo of Casa's illuminated top, it looks like the sky itself has opened up a hole that's trying to abduct the tower.

Have the glass balcony panels been a problem at Casa anyone? Crews today have been going around tightening bolts on the outside of balcony's . A panel on the south side is replaced with plywood now and one on the east side is replaced with wire mesh, it appears. Did they fall or is this just precautionary? Murano anyone?

I think glass is a bad material to face balconies with. Temperature fluctuations, bad glass and accidents will bedevil this building forever. Most fifties and sixties apartment building I have seen have had their glass balconies replaced long ago.

During the recent wind storms, balcony furniture smashed a couple of glass panels. Tempered glass is designed to break into small fragments when hit in a particular way to minimize risk of causing injury as it falls , but is generally strong and reliable. The issue is minor, but is nonetheless taken seriously, with all relevant inspections taking place. As you can see, most of the city's new buildings are clad in this type of material. I lived in Radio City for 5 years, and never had a problem, enjoying my view through the glass :)

Back