Toronto Casa | 147.52m | 46s | Cresford | a—A

Cresford has gone above and beyond with extra services being provided to it's occupants. First off would be the complimentary wake-up service, although it's only been provided 6 times thus far in 1 month. Also, it seems to be trying to accomodate everybody by cycling through different times between the hours of 3am-7am. I really wish there weren't such early risers though trying to be accomodated. My only other gripe is that I wish they used a nice mellow tune instead of the fire alarm :rolleyes:

Secondly, (and very thoughtfully of Cresford) while the amenities floor is under construction they have provided a temorary gym, the stairwell. It was super nice of them to make their employees who are building this thing use those damned elevators leaving a beautiful private gym to those paying customers who deserve such luxury.

I really don't know what people were talking about when they said Cresford treated their customers poorly, they've clearly turned it around. :D

This is what happens when you move to a new development before everything's done.

ROFL

+1, I can't remember how many times i've had to press that mute button! You forgot to note that they've also provided us with inadequate hot water levels to assist in the wake up.

As for the gym, gosh I really do hope it's ready soon.

Cresford has gone above and beyond with extra services being provided to it's occupants. First off would be the complimentary wake-up service, although it's only been provided 6 times thus far in 1 month. Also, it seems to be trying to accomodate everybody by cycling through different times between the hours of 3am-7am. I really wish there weren't such early risers though trying to be accomodated. My only other gripe is that I wish they used a nice mellow tune instead of the fire alarm :rolleyes:

Secondly, (and very thoughtfully of Cresford) while the amenities floor is under construction they have provided a temorary gym, the stairwell. It was super nice of them to make their employees who are building this thing use those damned elevators leaving a beautiful private gym to those paying customers who deserve such luxury.

I really don't know what people were talking about when they said Cresford treated their customers poorly, they've clearly turned it around. :D

Secondly, (and very thoughtfully of Cresford) while the amenities floor is under construction they have provided a temorary gym, the stairwell. It was super nice of them to make their employees who are building this thing use those damned elevators leaving a beautiful private gym to those paying customers who deserve such luxury. :D

Oh shit. I hope I don't have to use the stairs to schlep all the way up to 41 when I move in.

I know these things are to be expected, I was just trying to be funny :D

"MUTE" button??? Where is this? I wasn't aware that there's one. The only thing I'm worried about is that I'll get used to ignoring this thing and then one day there will actually be a fire (and coming from living in a house into a place with 1000 or so residents plus construction work being done, this isn't out of the relm of possiblity) and I'll just ignore the damn thing.

I do think the alarm situation is a little bit rediculous. Cresford is charging occupancy fees here and if I'd decided to rent out my unit surely my tennant would be furious about this on top of all the other things to the point that they'd want compensation of some sort. I don't know if there's anything they have to abide by legally but I do think one could argue that compensation should be owed based on the living conditions. It's one thing if there was an alarm going off once or twice by accident, but as a renter I would think one would have a case against their landlord here...so shouldn't it be the same in an occupant/builder situation?

As for the gym, no surprise there that the ammenities aren't done...I am even pleasently surprised that they're actually directing resources to get the 5th floor done vs. allocating all of their resources to get as many units complete to get condo status.

Has anybody gone to check out the gym? I was a little disappointed at the proportions of the common floor when I went to check it out. It seems like they've made the lounge and other rooms quite large vs. the gym which looks small for a 410 unit building. It looks like a corridor and as if there will barely be room to squeeze through to machines once they're in there. But perhaps it will turn out to be bigger than it looks when it's all completed. I really hope they don't skimp on the gym and put individual TVs over each machine since the way it's set up there can't be a couple TVs shared.

Oh shit. I hope I don't have to use the stairs to schlep all the way up to 41 when I move in.

When you move in there will be little or no construction work left to be done and I would imagine all 4 elevators running full time or 3 since for a short while some may still be booked for move ins. However, you will probably have to get used to a bit of a wait during busy hours with stops on so many other levels.

When you move in there will be little or no construction work left to be done and I would imagine all 4 elevators running full time or 3 since for a short while some may still be booked for move ins. However, you will probably have to get used to a bit of a wait during busy hours with stops on so many other levels.

I hope so. My confirmed closing date is still Feb 5, but I don't have to move out of my current sublet until the end of the month. I'm ridiculously excited to see my unit to the point of being distracted at work which is why I'm responding to this post and not working :).

Lack of elevators, dust/dirt, fire alarms going off, water problems and pipe bursts in the winter are, unfortunately, all part of the process of living in a new condo.
I must say that when I walked by Casa last night it looked great with the warm glow of lights coming from several units and flickering TV images coming through the windows on the lower floors.

I hope so. My confirmed closing date is still Feb 5, but I don't have to move out of my current sublet until the end of the month. I'm ridiculously excited to see my unit to the point of being distracted at work which is why I'm responding to this post and not working :).

I'm wondering why your closing didn't get delayed like Casaguy and myself? I suppose it could be choice of finishes or upgraded appliances?:confused:

I'm wondering why your closing didn't get delayed like Casaguy and myself? I suppose it could be choice of finishes or upgraded appliances?:confused:

Hmmm. Good question. I assume you guys are on higher floors too. How long is your delay? Could be that I have not picked up my mail from the P.O. in a week (sold my place and am in a sublet 'til the new place is ready) and I'm just not aware of the delay. But I did check with the sales office and they said I was on track. Could be due to finish selection. I upgraded here and there and got the Kitchen Aid applicance package. Maybe they ran out of Amana? Are you on the back side of the building? Maybe the lack of balcony glass is the issue. I will investigate and let you know if I find out anything.

Waterscapes & Casaguy... Just dropped by the sales office and they confirmed that I have no delay. I suppose delays can be caused by availability of materials like flooring, applicances, sinks, etc. That could be the cause. Thanks for informing me of your delays... hope they're not too long.

Waterscapes & Casaguy... Just dropped by the sales office and they confirmed that I have no delay. I suppose delays can be caused by availability of materials like flooring, applicances, sinks, etc. That could be the cause. Thanks for informing me of your delays... hope they're not too long.

Well, I guess it is not because of the appliances as I went with the same package. Other than the extra hardwood flooring I put into the bedrooms, I went with standard finishes. Oh well, my mom will love to have me stay at her place for 2 weeks. I just hate the "moving twice" thing.

Well, I guess it is not because of the appliances as I went with the same package. Other than the extra hardwood flooring I put into the bedrooms, I went with standard finishes. Oh well, my mom will love to have me stay at her place for 2 weeks. I just hate the "moving twice" thing.
Your unit isn't one that was attached to the exterior elevator was it?

The unit next to me was ready a month after I moved in for that same reason.

Back