Toronto Casa | 147.52m | 46s | Cresford | a—A

Casa's final height

I believe it is 453 feet now but I don't have a source...Solaris?

There seems to be a considerable amount of conflicting information on height and floor count. The "400 foot" list confirms 453 ft. but lists 46 floors. I'm just curious as to what is firm here.

Although I can't seem to find the final height of Casa in metres at this time, I feel confident enough to say that Casa will be 46 storeys, based on the below info derived from the City of Toronto Building Application Status website:

Application: New Building Status: Inspection

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale
Application#: 06 159208 BLD 00 NB
Issued Date: Oct 31, 2008
Project: Apartment Building New Building

Description: Construct new 46-storey plus mechanical condominium building with 402 dwelling units, and 4 levels of below grade parking.

I'll take one of those 2000 square footers please...

An approximation of Casa at 47 floors. Mmmm, imagine this with all that beautiful glass, washed & shiny.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Hi!:) Nice picture, dt_toronto_geek
It seems to me that there is any building defect on 29-30 floors.
If to look narrowly, a southeast corner more low, than northeast.
Are there any opinions about it?

LOL and the sky is defective too ;-)

Actually it looks like someone has stitched more than one photo together to make this image.

That's an altered photo, it's not a defect in the building. I crudely copied a lower section of the building & pasted it on top to approximate the height to illustrate the future scale of this building in the neighbourhood.

(^photoshopped image)

Except for 18 Yorkville and 22 Wellesley, none of the nearby neighbours come close to the shimmering modernism of Casa. I think all of the surrounding buildings will only help enhance Casa's appeal. It definitely won't get lost in the clutter of 70s and 80s towers pictured above. This project just keeps getting better and better. I pray that Cresford doesn't screw it up.

And here are a few shots from above this morning...

DSCN4477.jpg

DSCN4475.jpg

DSCN4476.jpg

I wonder why they skipped floors with the balcony glass installation.

It looks like they did, but they didn't. It's part reflection from the suite glass and they are using blue safety fences on some of the middle floor balconies and yellow safety fences a few floors below.

Last edited:
It looks like they did, but they didn't. It's part reflection from the suite glass and they are using blue safety fences on some of the middle floor balconies and yellow safety fences a few floors below.

Oh yes, upon closer inspection of the photos, I see what you mean.

Nice Pictures

Great pictures ProjectEnd. I can't be too sure but it appears they're still pouring the 39th floor. The glass has progressed another level though.

Back