Toronto Casa | 147.52m | 46s | Cresford | a—A

Did anyone who went to that open house ask if the undersides of the balconies were going to be painted? I'm hoping so since that's all you're going to see as you look up at the tower...

Wish I had an answer for you, Casaguy. That same question has been on my mind for over 2 years. My guess would be no, becuase that's the cheap way out. I think painted would look better, but if the concrete is clean and uniform enough, without paint, maybe all that glass and concrete could take on a really cool, industrial, loft type look. But I do think painted would be better, like Spire.

Questions for you: When do you think we'll begin to see the tower rise a little faster? What type of system do you think they'll use to allow progress of 1 floor per week?

The 'Whip, sharp stick, combined with beating drum' method used to be quite effective I'm told.

Sorry, Sir Novelty Fashion. I know I should have saved that one for you.:D

Questions for you: When do you think we'll begin to see the tower rise a little faster? What type of system do you think they'll use to allow progress of 1 floor per week?

Ah, just show the tower a picture of this
marilyn-monroe-building-mississauga.jpg

Y'know, like showing a male mutt a picture of a pretty French poodle, that should do the trick

July 25

They are starting work on the second storey of the tower.
2704752744_f5199b0af1_b.jpg

Brickwork at the southwest corner of the podium.
2704782546_fdfe068a66_b.jpg

It's just for around the back and sides of the podium... it'll look amazing. There are plenty of renders and models on previous pages of this thread.

Maybe its all that concrete thats getting poured all around the city, combined with so few new brick walls going up..I don't know.. but I think I'm starting to develop a brick fetish.

I absolutely LOVE that blue/grey look of the brick in the above picture. It is giving me the vapours. I can't recall ever seeing any brick quite like it.

Some kind of aluminum trim on the edge of this wall or near it would set it off something incredible. I'm going to start watching this project much closer.

pssst! I saw a bricklayer today wearing one of those italian t-shirts..
He was holding a trowel in one hand and a brick in the other. If it wasn't for the fact that he was on fifth floor, I would have stuck a Fiver in his pants.:p

Balcony Width Update

Good news (I think) on the balcony issue. Had my finish selection meeting today, and reviewed detailed building plans drawn to scale (1/4 inch = 1 foot). The designer assured me that the balconies would be 5 feet wide (just like the architect & the builder did), and I measured the scale diagram with her fancy triangular ruler which confirmed 5 feet. So the balconies should be quite a bit larger than the sales material indicates. In the sales material, the Foglia balcony is shown at 237 sq. ft. But based on a 5 ft. width and the scale diagram I reviewed, it will be more like 315 sq. ft. (external dimensions approx. 40' x 28' x 5' wide). I hope this turns out to be true.

The bad news is that updrades are horrendously expensive.

Ain't that ALWAYS the case....? Go with the upgrades that will add value, and that futur buyers would appreciate.

The upgrades are very over-priced... but the standard finishes are outstanding. I didn't find any of the upgrade selection to be much better than the standard choices.

And this is good news about the balconies. (I never thought their math added up to begin with).

And this is good news about the balconies. (I never thought their math added up to begin with).

I thought the math was wonky too. The relationship between the balcony dimensions and square footage and the interior dimensions and square footage makes a lot more sense now.

I agree that the standard finishes are excellent. I was able to work pretty well within the standard selection. But I want the built-in fridge and d.w. since the kitchen is pretty much part of the living room, and that's where you really get nailed.

Back