Toronto Casa | 147.52m | 46s | Cresford | a—A

If someone cannot be engaged in fruitful debate, then simply hit the "Ignore" button on them. It's an easy and mature decision to make.

Lovely pictures of the lobby, "Geek". I quite like that shade of blue.

Same question from me though-- is the art installation different shades of wood? Or what is it constructed from?

Spectacular is definitely the word. Thanks, as always, DT!

If they stay true to the renders (which they've done so far) I don't think the wood art feature is complete yet.

The upper portion of the lobby doesn't actually go anywhere. It's just for show... but a cool place to have your guests wait, nonetheless.

And if you get a chance, definitely walk inside the lobby. Standing inside is a whole other experience.

Casa1_Dec27-09.jpg

lobby.jpg

DSCN0912_2.jpg

DSCN0911_2.jpg

I believe the feature wall are different shades or types of wood panels, yet to be completed. Presumably the raised area on the left is a waiting area for guests, it doesn't lead to anywhere.

I'm glad so many people enjoyed the shots :)

As a reminder, the lobby rendering from the Casa website:

casa_lobby.jpg

The only major difference so far is the way the glass wall is done - the rendering suggested the use of a glass mullion system, which is probably too expensive to use in a residential project.

AoD

This lobby is stunningly bad! It is a waste of energy (how much does it cost to light it like that!) and do you really want the whole world being able to look into your lobby like that? I sure don't, how about some privacy please! I guess some people like to have their lobby on display like that but I personally find it repulsive.
It's a lobby, not a washroom. Lobbies are the last place you'd expect privacy.

This lobby is stunningly bad! It is a waste of energy (how much does it cost to light it like that!) and do you really want the whole world being able to look into your lobby like that? I sure don't, how about some privacy please! I guess some people like to have their lobby on display like that but I personally find it repulsive.

Are you for real or are you just trying to be funny?

too bad for you that will be your future view 24/7

That post about the sophistication of BSN vs. the vulgarity of CASA made me laugh so hard that I nearly choked.

I mean, seriously? That was joke, correct?

I am entitled to my opinion and I think Casa is tacky but there are obviously some jaded members of this forum that have invested in this building who don't want to hear the truth and get their feelings hurt. They would rather me post something like "Casa is stunning, Casa is amazing". Sorry folks, I am not going to do that because I speak how I feel and Crappa, I mean Casa, is not a condo I really like. There are some other great building developments going on like BSN, Four Seasons and 1 Bedford but Casa is not one of the developments I am really fond of right now I think Casa is tacky and I think it truly appeals to people who don't have a more elevated and sophistciated level of taste, it is really meant for people whose taste is "that is shiny, I like that". In other words, it appeals to the less intelligent of those around us :)

I don't particularly like Casa either, but I don't think I'd go so far as to say that you have to be stupid to like it.

And how can you possibly call it tacky? It's all clean lines and unadorned facades. I'm really, honestly curious how something utterly devoid of ornamentation can be tacky.

I love the ego maniacal audacity that has one person say they are speaking the "truth". as if there is only one truth. It is an opinion as all comments are on this site. Please people, can we learn this once and for all?

Only the creator of the universe can speak of the truth. The rest of us lowly humans are only entitled to opinions. Personal, eye-of-the-beholder opinions and that is all.

No one's opinion is any more valid than any other.

That being said... This beholder likes Casa.

:)

I am trying really, really hard not to laugh at that claim of BSN appealing to those who are more intelligent and having a more "elevated and sophisticiated level of taste"...

...and I failed miserably at that task.

Besides, using pepper's own example of Four Seasons and 1 Bedford I wonder how he managed to make the claim of those being great developments and Casa is crappy considering the stylistic connection between these projects?

BTW, pepper, if I were you I would review my private messages very, very carefully.

AoD

Last edited:
I am entitled to my opinion and I think Casa is tacky but there are obviously some jaded members of this forum that have invested in this building who don't want to hear the truth and get their feelings hurt. They would rather me post something like "Casa is stunning, Casa is amazing". Sorry folks, I am not going to do that because I speak how I feel and Crappa, I mean Casa, is not a condo I really like. There are some other great building developments going on like BSN, Four Seasons and 1 Bedford but Casa is not one of the developments I am really fond of right now I think Casa is tacky and I think it truly appeals to people who don't have a more elevated and sophistciated level of taste, it is really meant for people whose taste is "that is shiny, I like that". In other words, it appeals to the less intelligent of those around us :)

Again, when it comes to "a more elevated and sophisticated level of taste", note my previous invocation of the Dal Grauer Substation, Mr. Cletus Parvenu.

Again, when it comes to "a more elevated and sophisticated level of taste", note my previous invocation of the Dal Grauer Substation, Mr. Cletus Parvenu.

LOL...:D

/gotta love this forum......:)

Back