Toronto CampusOne Student Residence (was University Place) | 79.85m | 25s | Knightstone | Diamond Schmitt

33338231636_ca91991e5e_h.jpg

33338238056_ab8f947e28_h.jpg

Yeah, this is appalling, there are some projects that fully deserve to be approved that get sidelined, and then this thing goes up and truly ruins this intersection.

Especially when there's this excellent building on the same campus. And, I'll add, it's one that's not without its own healthy dose of spandrel. Just goes to show you, if deftly handled, that doesn't have to be the death sentence we deservedly now see it as:

Woodsworth_College_Residence.JPG

Admittedly, putting a business school on the ground floor hasn't done much to engage the street but that's more a programming / client fault than something that aA themselves chose to do.

Form after function. This building will be a constant reminder of the austere rigors of true academics, and will inspire breathtaking scholarship.

I really dislike Wordsworth residence. You get to build something right across arguably the 3rd busiest subway station and that is what you come up with?

The street level engagement is virtually non existent.

Those are terrible! If there was any saving grace of this building it would have been the massive floor plate, which should have allowed for some decent layouts, but damn these are awful, I would be so sad if I had to live here.

Back