Toronto CampusOne Student Residence (was University Place) | 79.85m | 25s | Knightstone | Diamond Schmitt

I think its last hope is some high quality cladding, though that'll really be lipstick on a pig. I think best case scenario for this building at this point is that it somewhat resembles a similar final fashion to MaRS? Maybe?

Agree with 42—the final render would make a slightly above-average jail.

I'm sort of of a similar mind. I'm not liking what I'm seeing but maybe the final cladding will surprise me? The bulk itself isn't that bad but the low-quality design is definitely a lost opportunity. Urbandreamer took a photo of the College Condominiums a few months before this one blocked it but the point was that these two buildings bookend the view of College between Spadina and Yonge. Surely we could've asked for a little better here?
uJzALgO.jpg

The view terminus will eventually be whatever is built on the Rexall site. There are plenty of properties in between as well.

I actually liked it until recently when I saw how grey the spandrel was. I was hoping it would be more white, the shape and step ups are vaguely interesting.

A kraken slowly rising out of the surrounding sea to terrorize all in its wake.

Back