Toronto Burke Condominiums | 163.4m | 53s | Concert | Arcadis

I wonder if Lanterra will market this or their project at Church and Carlton first?

Their Artists' Alley project is their next big downtown push; it will be a while before they turn their attention on this development.

The Church/Carlton area projects are by Tribute, CentreCourt, Menkes, and Tridel. No Lanterra there.

Their Artists' Alley project is their next big downtown push; it will be a while before they turn their attention on this development.

The Church/Carlton area projects are by Tribute, CentreCourt, Menkes, and Tridel. No Lanterra there.

Is there any reason for that? It seems that this proposal has been around for much longer yet keeps getting leapfrogged by their more recent ones.

Artists' Alley is in a more desirable location. It's near OCADU, all the medical centres, city hall, CBD. It will sell faster, and for more. I think north st James town, will be a nice addition, especially with the heritage componants, and if they stick with a flat iron tower closest to parliament it will be quite eye catching when headed west bound over the DVP.

But the area has a bad rep, I'm sure it will continue to improve though. It is already much nicer than it was just a few years ago, (most likely due to x, x2, couture, james cooper, 500 etc) and with the Selby, and the Rosedale, and the new medallion projects I'm sure it will become even more desirable. It is honestly a nice location so close to the ravine, rosedale, cabbage town and Sherbourne station.
Makes sense to me though why they would wait on this location while focusing elsewhere for the time being.

I hope it gets a redesign... It looks like the exterior work on the victorian houses that line Glen Rd. is nearly complete... I believe they are severing the lots to build modern towns behind them. I imagine these will hit the market before the actual condo.

Looks like it's begun, this is going to be at least 2-3 years of dirt on my balcony and waking up at 7am from the noise. Like it or not, which I don't, because I'm going to totally loose my view, it's starting. It begun yesterday with the dropping off of I beams and timbers to move that beautiful century old home, and then, well, you know the rest. Living on Howard street, as I have for the past 8 years, is quickly becoming a nightmare of non-stop construction. Aside from this project directly in front of me, there's still 1 project well underway at the end of my street (the Selby, I think that's what it's to be named), and now two huge proposals on the east side of Sherbourn and Howrd, on both the north and south sides of the intersection, it's going to be a very long few years. I am kind of excited to be able to witness the construction process from start to finish right from my balcony, and I know living downtown there no such thing as a guaranteed view, but still, it's going to be a total pain in the ass. Each morning, dozens of dump and cement trucks are already clogging up my street, starting at 6am no less, for work on the Selby, what's going to happen when the other projects are all underway? They're going to have to open up the currently cut off end of Ontario street right through. At present, it's a walk way in front of the public school behind us, and a culdusac from Howard to the enterence of my garage, hope they open it up, because Howard is a one way street, I'll be stuck just trying to park in my garage. Good thing we're renters, if it gets that bad, we can always move. Here is a pic I just took today of the crew setting up the house move, but we've heard nothing about it. Does anyone know where they're moving it too?
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 1,081
Last edited:
78 Howard will be relocated to just west of 32 and 34 Howard, so halfway between Ontario and Bleecker Streets on the north side.

It's still likely quite a while before anything happens on that site other than the move of the house.

78 Howard will be relocated to just west of 32 and 34 Howard, so halfway between Ontario and Bleecker Streets on the north side.

It's still likely quite a while before anything happens on that site other than the move of the house.

Thanks for the info, hope you're right. Nothing can stop the inevitable, the land is simply to valuable to be left vacant, but it was always so nice having an unobstructed, 180 degree view. Oh well, who knows?, once the towers are designed and floor plans are published, we'd be very interested in buying a unit. After so many years here, I've come to appreciate the location. There's a terrible stigma attached to St James town, but in all my years here, I've never once had a problem, felt threatened, was attacked or robbed. When we first moved here, several friends kept telling me what a dangerous area it was, I beg to differ. I take the elevator to B2, hop in my car, and drive away, I don't even have to deal with the area, besides, I don't live on the sidewalk, I live in our apartment, which is, in my opinion, miles ahead of the newer buildings. The units are huge (our 2br is over 1100 sq ft), and the rents are next to nothing ($1223/month), AND, we don't pay extra for parking or hydro. However, a few years ago, they did a major renovation (replaced all elevators, hallway carpets, all new windows, new balconies, and painted all 25 floors), so anyone trying to get a unit our size pay extra for hydro, parking, and the starting rents are now $1650/month. Because we signed our lease before all these changes happened, we keep our low rent as long as we stay. Unless something drastic happens, we're not going anywhere, besides, where in this city can you find a place this big for that price?

I couldn't tell for sure, but I think these are just being stored there and they came from the Selby project. Noticed while driving by that they look identical to the ones used at the Selby.

Back