Toronto Burke Condominiums | 163.4m | 53s | Concert | Arcadis

This property was picked up by Lanterra in August 2010. They picked up the TeaHouse property in March 2011. They picked up the Sutton Place in November 2011. They picked up the Wellesley on the Park property in March 2013…

… so you're right, this is taking longer than the others to come to sales, but there's nothing at all that says that an owner must bring properties to the market in the order that they bought them.

In this case the park contribution agreements for The Britt and TeaHouse depended upon the agreement for Wellesley on the Park, pretty much forcing Lanterra to bring Wellesley on the Park to market right after The Britt (a makeover of an existing building which they did not want to operate as a hotel nor continue to maintain, so it had to go first) to get the Park built… and once you've got all that money tied up in that substantial contribution, and you've got property on Yonge, you move that first.

This one they have been working on the heritage components, and it will come as they have the ability to roll it out.

It's pretty simple, really. Tea House and the Wellesley on the Park properties are in prime, can't lose, locations. They're also smaller projects. This one is not only large but I'm sure there has or will be a lot of resistance from those living in the area. Probably more than Tea House or the Wellesley project. If I was Lanterra I'd focus on those other projects first. I do hope they get going on the St Jamestown project as that area is so ripe for development.

Just the facades, but they are looking good. I believe that one building in the previous photos is unrelated to the project. But I could be mistaken.

Will these low rise buildings be condos or apartments? I always thought the lanterra project included high rises. Maybe I'll go take a look.

There will be one mid-rise (12 storeys) and three high-rises (37, 45, and 45 storeys) as stated in the thread title.

I think that it is going to be a charming little street as there are other heritage buildings on the other side of Howard abutting Bleeker. And as for these towers having slow sales, I would think the opposite as they are literally on top of a subway station and the location is a 5-7 minute walk from Yonge and Bloor. There is a distinct community developing around Bloor and Sherbourne and I expect this to accelerate that. Bloordale Village? Bloor East?

I hope we see more renders, the previous ones were a bit vague. A flat iron building closest to parliament would be very eye catching. Depending on the final designs I have actually been thinking that I might personally be interested in living here. I have been in the neighbourhood for a few years now and I really like it. The bad rep it gets keeps it more livable in my opinion, but if you avoid a couple specific sketchy buildings (I kid you not I have seen multiple dead bodies outside of the same building 200 wellesley) its great. The subway is right there, though you can walk everywhere downtown, Rosedale, river dale, cabbage town and the Don valley are all really close which are great for walking a dog or just getting away from dt for a breather.

I totally vouch for this area, I have lived in parkdale, the beaches, college park a couple different places along st clair but this section north east of downtown has been my favourite over all. Has some great views too.

I agree, don't hold your breath on strong sales at this neck of the woods

You're way off. Property in that area has gone up quite a bit in the last 5 years. The location is excellent. Hop and a skip from Yonge Line and Yorkville. Right next to a subway station, hop and a skip from Danforth, Rosedale, Church St. Then there are a number of project scheduled to go up along Sherbourne between Wellesley and Bloor.

The only real drawback to me is Sherbourne is extremely overcrowded. An absolute mess during rush hour.

Back