Toronto Burano | ?m | 48s | Lanterra | a—A

Very interesting.

I didn't realize that WaterPark City is going to be graced by a Vito Acconci work, nor that there would be 80 metres of "glazing interventions" across the street from Burano at Murano. I look forward to both, as I do to Sandro Martini's work at Burano.

Taken today (Friday August 29)

I know the picture has a little more Muruno in that shot, but you can see the hoarding going up in front of the McLaughlin Building now.

Attachments

• DSC00597.jpg
    DSC00597.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 285
August 30th

Facing north, the Burano site on the left and Murano on the far right

Facing south, the Burano site on the right and Murano on the left

Damn, I wish Clewes would knock off that Ontario Govt building (hey, actually all 3 of them north of the Addison site) as a highrise condo.

ORC is working a medium-term plans to redevelop the site (not as condos).

A shot from last Thursday of ongoing work at the Burano site:

2826075953_d615892732_b.jpg

MikeinTO: Yes, I understand that corner gov't building is going mid-to highrise gov't office; however, what I meant is I'd like to see a Clewesian take on the (Whitney Block?) 60's modernist gov't office buildings just north of that building. So like X is to TD, _____ would be to Whitney.

A shot from last Thursday of ongoing work at the Burano site:

2826075953_d615892732_b.jpg

I was by there yesterday and noticed that the upper windows along Bay Street had all been removed plus more hoarding was being erected.

Sept. 20th

It's sad to see this come down, but this project holds so much promise given the success of Lanterra's Murano across the street

Similarly, it will be good to see it rise again in a year or so.

Back