Toronto Burano | ?m | 48s | Lanterra | a—A

Good point. It just seems like most of the more recently planted trees downtown don't have too much of a lifespan.

The ones infront of ROCP 1 are in rough shape. This is perhaps because they were planted too early. Construction vehicles, movers and other wear-and-tear construction events have wreaked havoc on these poor trees. It might have been more prudent to wait until both towers were finished before planting trees. Perhaps Burano/Murano will learn from this experience.

Can't sell Burano?

They've been advertising agressively in the papers that Burano condos are $10K off. Are they having trouble selling out? Does anyone know what's left or when they begin construction?

I was in the sales center last weekend and it seemed like they only had around 5 units left in the whole building. Which begs the question: how is this not already a hole in the ground??!

I was in the sales center last weekend and it seemed like they only had around 5 units left in the whole building. Which begs the question: how is this not already a hole in the ground??!

Some permits are still outstanding with the city. Also some heritage issues still need to be resolved.

Model Pictures

Once again...

Since we already know what the tower looks like, here are some shots of the finer points of this particular Clews design

2606340777_9eece1c444.jpg

2606351971_ffd93fcd87.jpg

2606350441_9c61a8a8cf.jpg

2607178192_e1a0d067d0.jpg

2606347545_aeab303f58.jpg

2606346221_6557482ec2.jpg

2607173624_9e1c8d3b66.jpg

2606343443_ede470c672.jpg

2606342009_84382a19c0.jpg

2606339155_dca5526e64.jpg

I dont think I noticed the slant on the glass portion of the podium before! wow - that is super cool !!! I think this one blows away its cousins across the street.

Hmm. Its cousins across the street look like they will be architecturally the finest pair of condos to be added to this town in a long time. I wouldn't write them off so quickly.

Still, Burano look very interesting.

really? I find it hard to see what all the fuss about Murano is... two boxes on a rectangular base, big deal. No doubt the quality of finish looks above average though and I am certainly not writing them off as failures. But from a design point of view this one this one has a lot more to look at and get excited about.

Murano has some of the simplest lines, and purest geometry in the city, and very tall podium floors. If the simplicity and purity of the design mean nothing to you, well, they mean nothing to you.

I think the Burano could look much slicker with the window they are showing on the model. Murano has many mullions breaking up the glass but Burano looks to be using large floor to ceiling pieces of glass which could looks much slicker.

Anyone know what the status is of this project?

I noticed a sign erected at the top of the addison building on the south-east end that appears to be a demolition company. I can't recall the name right now though.

I'm just curious to know when development might begin, this thread implies that sales have been decent. I wonder what the delay might be. I can't wait for this to be built.

Back