Toronto Bungalow on Mercer | 62.79m | 17s | Kalovida | Scott Shields

Interesting how 35 metres became the definition when it started as an arbitrary value selected by the first enthusiasts' website site. Fire code, around 75 feet, wasn't chosen because there would have been too many buildings to document. After the fact, they should have gone higher like 50 metres.

That's the internet. One source copies another source for trivial things and suddenly it's fact.

Technically anything taller than the right of way on which it stands is a 'tall building' according to the City.

Of course. Different jurisdictions have different standards. Some places 3 storeys could be a high rise. I think the US national standard of 75 feet has been revised taller in the last 20 years too. There's no set definition of a high rise in numeric terms but, I don't think that contradicts the precedence of peoples' posted opinions becoming facts via the viral web.

After the approval at the committee of adjustment meeting and a Site Plan Application filed this one is all set to move forward I'd say.

Walked by on my way home yesterday and it looks like they're gearing up to turn the main floor into a sales site - marketing website has been set up here: http://bungalowonmercer.com/!

Sign for the sales centre is up

0CB7C675-6193-415E-814D-35272F2A05DC.jpeg

Must have sold a couple of units by now. Shoring permit has been applied for! Really curious to see how construction is managed on this tight site

The back alley is used for King Blue construction and 8 Mercer garbage collection and the south half of Mercer St (sidewalk and road) is closed for Nobu construction. This leaves the north sidewalk, but I can’t imagine them closing the entire street down. It’s a one way and Le Germain and Second City has access through Mercer.

Website got an update with some new renderings.

Looks like there are copper accents on the SE windows now, which also act as Juliet balconies. Overall the materials look pretty good to me providing they choose a good pre-cast, hope they can sell this one and execute it well!View attachment 192642
It's acrylic limestone finish according to the newest documents:

Back