Mississauga Brightwater | ?m | 35s | Kilmer | Giannone Petricone

Metrolinx may one day take more control of transit in the GTHA, but it'll have nothing directly to do with the gauge or Presto implementation. Presto is coming to the TTC, full implementation scheduled for a year and a half from now, so it will be a fait accompli "soon enough" (I would have preferred already done of course)… and there's not a chance that the TTC's streetcar gauge will change, not on Lake Shore, not anywhere. Far too much is invested in the current gauge. One transfer at Long Branch would not make rebuilding streetcar infrastructure and equipment worthwhile.

^Maybe the next design challenge should be an LRT with a flexible gauge?
It can be done at a cost as well wasting riders time.

Trains from Paris to Madrid change gauge at the boarder and takes a few hours to do it. They re-space the wheel gauge up or down as require. Spain is moving toward standard gauge, but going to take decades to do it. There are a few lines that are now the same gauge between Spain & France.

To convert the lake Shore in Toronto to standard gauge will require Bathurst & Spadina lines to be converted also. Then you have to find a site for a new carhouse and maintenance plant, as Hillcrest will never be used again for these 3 lines. Then there is the issue with the rest of the lines plan for the Waterfront as well what happens to Cherry St.

Non starter to change TTC system to standard gauge without taking the system out of service for a decade or so.

Under Transit City Plan, St Clair was to be converted to standard gauge in 20 years when the rails had to be replace, but Transit City Plan is a dead thing these days. St Clair would have been cut off from rest of the system and would have seen the Bathurst tracks remove between Hillcrest and St Clair.

Besides, they are probably better off switching to GO RER and reconnected with the local streetcar network in Toronto instead.

AoD

February 17, 2016
Imperial Statement - 70 Mississauga Road South Request for Proposal Candidates

On May 29, 2015, Imperial Oil Limited (Imperial) announced it would be launching a Request for Qualifications (RFQ) process in June 2015 as a first step to selecting two or three candidates, from which Imperial would request proposals for the purchase, remediation and redevelopment of the former Texaco refinery lands at 70 Mississauga Road South.

The RFQ closed on September 30, 2015. Imperial is pleased to announce the following three organizations have been selected as Request for Proposal (RFP) candidates (in alphabetical order):

1) Cityzen Development Corporation and Greybrook Realty Partners Inc.

2) Mattamy Homes, in partnership with CDI Developments

3) West Village Partners Joint Venture (Kilmer Van Nostrand Co. Limited, Dream Unlimited Corp. (formerly Dundee), Diamond Corp., Fram Building Group Ltd. and Fieldgate Urban)

For the remainder of 2016:

 The RFP candidates will prepare their submissions for Imperial’s review
 Proponent’s submissions will be asked to follow the master planning framework developed by the City of Mississauga from the Inspiration Port Credit public engagement process
 Imperial will select a preferred candidate and negotiate final terms of a transaction which will include an obligation from the purchaser to remediate and redevelop the former Texaco refinery lands

I heard the Esso station is closing in a few weeks so maybe something is starting here?

I heard the Esso station is closing in a few weeks so maybe something is starting here?
Nope! There is no site plan nor an application for the area at this time.

The station could be closing so it can be rebuilt, considering its the only Esso station in the area.

Nope! There is no site plan nor an application for the area at this time.

The station could be closing so it can be rebuilt, considering its the only Esso station in the area.

hm... I don't think they're rebuilding. I also heard they're closing end of October. Saw site surveyors last week.

hm... I don't think they're rebuilding. I also heard they're closing end of October. Saw site surveyors last week.

Yes, I heard long time employees were surprised to receive 30 days notice...so I don't expect an Esso rebuild in the near future.

February 17, 2016
Imperial Statement - 70 Mississauga Road South Request for Proposal Candidates

On May 29, 2015, Imperial Oil Limited (Imperial) announced it would be launching a Request for Qualifications (RFQ) process in June 2015 as a first step to selecting two or three candidates, from which Imperial would request proposals for the purchase, remediation and redevelopment of the former Texaco refinery lands at 70 Mississauga Road South.

The RFQ closed on September 30, 2015. Imperial is pleased to announce the following three organizations have been selected as Request for Proposal (RFP) candidates (in alphabetical order):

1) Cityzen Development Corporation and Greybrook Realty Partners Inc.

2) Mattamy Homes, in partnership with CDI Developments

3) West Village Partners Joint Venture (Kilmer Van Nostrand Co. Limited, Dream Unlimited Corp. (formerly Dundee), Diamond Corp., Fram Building Group Ltd. and Fieldgate Urban)

For the remainder of 2016:

 The RFP candidates will prepare their submissions for Imperial’s review
 Proponent’s submissions will be asked to follow the master planning framework developed by the City of Mississauga from the Inspiration Port Credit public engagement process
 Imperial will select a preferred candidate and negotiate final terms of a transaction which will include an obligation from the purchaser to remediate and redevelop the former Texaco refinery lands

Looks like 3) is the winner...... https://www.insauga.com/imperial-oil-lands-sold-in-mississauga-heres-what-might-be-coming

The whole winning team looks good!

Traffic across the Credit River on the Lakeshore Road bridge, and for blocks on either side, is pretty heavy now. With Inspiration Lakeview coming to fruition to the east in a few years, and with this potentially huge development coming, Mississauga needs to figure out now how to get more traffic across the river, and my take is that it is going to have to be on the Lakeshore LRT line.

I have not studied Mississauga's plans for it, so I don't know how far advanced they are. Anyone know already if there's a plan to take the LRT across the river on a new bridge, maybe move it down to a Port Street alignment through this area?

Back