Toronto Bohemian Embassy Flats + Lofts | ?m | 19s | Pemberton | P + S / IBI

• Thread starter TheAlmightyFuzzy
  • Start date
June 30

From Gladstone Ave. By the end of August the Dufferin Jog will be eliminated. Gladstone Ave will become a local street and there will no longer be a bus stop beside Price Chopper.

From a cheap grocery-shopper's standpoint...darn. Then again, that might just as well be a cue to redevelop the Price Chopper site.

Although, what's the possibility/logistics of a short-turn bus loop being retained here...

Wasn't there rumors that there would be a development on the site of the Price Choppers and that the ground floor would be a Sobey's? I recall reading that somewhere on this site.

1 August 2010: Hmm, the glass sorta impressed me today, but with a new bird on my arm, perhaps I was feeling happier than usual?

Slanty roof thing getting ready to be fauxCAST.
dsc01343o.jpg

Glass="memories of Georgian Bay on a sunny summer day."

dsc01312i.jpg

From Poshdale:

dsc01309m.jpg

can anyone tell me what the 2nd building is that is going up beside the tower for Bohemian embassy. It's right alongside the 2nd building of the Weside project (curve) and I can't figure out what the building is. Or what project it belongs to??! It doesn't look at ALL like a part of the bohemian embassy project and doesn't match - am confused and would like to know what it is! Any info?? You can see it in the photo above - just behind BE and in front of WSGL. It's the only one with no glass on it.

Wasn't there rumors that there would be a development on the site of the Price Choppers and that the ground floor would be a Sobey's? I recall reading that somewhere on this site.

I've only read that the sales centre for Connect, etc. (King and Joe Shuester Way) would be a Sobey's and Price Chopper on Gladstone would be a condo.

can anyone tell me what the 2nd building is that is going up beside the tower for Bohemian embassy. It's right alongside the 2nd building of the Weside project (curve) and I can't figure out what the building is. Or what project it belongs to??! It doesn't look at ALL like a part of the bohemian embassy project and doesn't match - am confused and would like to know what it is! Any info?? You can see it in the photo above - just behind BE and in front of WSGL. It's the only one with no glass on it.

Its an affordable housing project http://www.stclares.ca/abell.html

I'm kind of liking the massing of the mid-rise building... looks like a good addition to the streetscape. The slanted roof is quite different for this part of town, something I might expect to see on King East downtown.

I'm kind of liking the massing of the mid-rise building... looks like a good addition to the streetscape. The slanted roof is quite different for this part of town, something I might expect to see on King East downtown.

I'm liking the massing as well, but they seem to have worked hard on going for a bland look.

What's really positive about this development is the archway that is aligned with the street to the north - the archway leads to a publicly accessible path that eventually connects with Sudbury to the south. It's nice to see a developer construct such a public-friendly attribute as part of the building.

30 September 2010:

dsc00754xa.jpg

dsc00760jl.jpg

dsc00785b.jpg

In the sunset light, the RC (background) looked amazing tonight; sadly my camera fails to capture the sheer beauty of the moment well....:(

dsc00782t.jpg

The TCHC building (golden beige brick) looks like poo...will attempt to get better photos of it sometime this weekend.

Last edited:
From the latest photos, looks like the drywall is up on the first 8 floors. Almost halfway done!

Back