Toronto BMO Field Renovations | ?m | ?s | MLSE | Gensler

Looks like the grounds crew does a better job removing the football lines then the rogers centre crew ever did you could always still make them out a day or so later at jays games.

Having to mow a live growing lawn also helps. On turf the paint residue just kind of builds up on the material. Real grass can grow out of the paint and be green underneath.

omg those ticket prices...

Those are scalpers speculating.
TFC SSH only get the chance to buy their seats tomorrow.

Season seat holders have been getting access to their tickets or for some of them (like me for example) replacement tickets because ~5k seats have been taken by the league for their purposes. The window to buy your (or replacement seats) ends on Sunday night. Then there will be a 1 hour (from noon to 1 pm) pre-sale for season seat holders wanting extra tickets.....at 1pm on Monday they go on general sale.

Not sure how many seats will be available at that general sale....if the 5k league number I heard is accurate and all 20k season seats are taken up...that only leaves 11k.....a fair number will be snapped up during that 1 hour extra pre-sale.

At least they are getting four games out of the temporary seating section - that's got to help with the costs.
At this rate I wouldn't be surprised by a permanent second deck being proposed for the south stands. The Centennial Classic will be huge.

They just released a small second patch of tickets to "TorontoTillIDie" subscribers. I got two tickets for 76 each, with it being on the standing room... where is that located in the stadium lol?

I think there are eventual plans for it but not right away. I believe the roof was designed over that section so they could add a future second deck.

The roof is high enough over the permanent stands so as not to block views from the temporary stands but the roof does not cover the temporary stands.

Source: I was very wet after the semi-final game against Montreal

What last night exhibited (once again) is that the single tunnel under the rail tracks is far short of what is necessary near a major sporting facility like this.....even hanging around for the trophy presentation last night it took 45 minutes to get under the tracks to the WB GO platform....in what can only be described has very crushed and temper stretching conditions. I continue to believe the only reason the expansion was permitted without solving this issue was that the stadium owner and the city issuing the permits were one and the same.

warning to those that are planning to attend the outdoor hockey game (where seating capacity will be further increased)......this tunnel was stretch to the edge of its limitations when the stadium held 22k....was uncomfortably inadequate at 30k and dangerous at 36k.......have no idea how it handles >40k in January.

What last night exhibited (once again) is that the single tunnel under the rail tracks is far short of what is necessary near a major sporting facility like this.....even hanging around for the trophy presentation last night it took 45 minutes to get under the tracks to the WB GO platform....in what can only be described has very crushed and temper stretching conditions. I continue to believe the only reason the expansion was permitted without solving this issue was that the stadium owner and the city issuing the permits were one and the same.

warning to those that are planning to attend the outdoor hockey game (where seating capacity will be further increased)......this tunnel was stretch to the edge of its limitations when the stadium held 22k....was uncomfortably inadequate at 30k and dangerous at 36k.......have no idea how it handles >40k in January.
TFC fans and Hockey fans are two very different types of crowds though Most TFC fans will go to bars before and after the match where as hockey fans will probably drive down or take cabs to get out of there after the game and not head through the tunnel unless they are going to take the go train.

TFC fans and Hockey fans are two very different types of crowds though Most TFC fans will go to bars before and after the match where as hockey fans will probably drive down or take cabs to get out of there after the game and not head through the tunnel unless they are going to take the go train.
Setting aside a few things (like the notion that Leafs fans don't go to bars before and/or after games or that this will be staged as a festival of sorts encouraging people to come to the area and celebrate hockey and the fact that all the friends I go to TFC matches with also go to hockey games a lot and when they are at BMO they do in fact access the stadium via the tunnel) there will be about 20k extra people at that game relative to a normal Leaf game.

Seriously, that tunnel is going to be an absolute mess.

Setting aside a few things (like the notion that Leafs fans don't go to bars before and/or after games or that this will be staged as a festival of sorts encouraging people to come to the area and celebrate hockey and the fact that all the friends I go to TFC matches with also go to hockey games a lot and when they are at BMO they do in fact access the stadium via the tunnel) there will be about 20k extra people at that game relative to a normal Leaf game.

Seriously, that tunnel is going to be an absolute mess.
and if it is it's not like they can do much about it between now and January. It's not like they can build as second tunnel or take down the fence and have poel walk across four tracks to get across them.

Aside from improving the look of the stadium....that would be a mistake (IMO)
I happen to agree, but I'm curious as to why you think it would be a mistake.

As awesome as more seating in the south end would be .... We still have a ways to go with regular game ticket sales before we can consider another expansion.

It is only a matter of time before something happens in this tunnel. Yesterday's game and the match against Montreal were downright terrifying. At the very least, they should consider building a temporary bridge over the tracks, ala what they do for the Indy.

The fact that the current Exhibition GO Station renovations do NOT include a tunnel and second entrance further west on Manitoba is idiotic. With the crowding that this station handles, this should be a top priority for Metrolinx and the City of Toronto, but if I'm not mistaken, it doesn't seem to even be on the radar.

What is so frustrating is that this should NOT be a surprise to them. The tunnel was an issue even before the expansion. We are now 2 seasons past the opening of the stadium expansion, and the situation has gotten worse, and still no word on another tunnel.

Disagree. A huge, huge percentage of people going through the tunnel are NOT headed to the GO Train. Ignoring all the people who go to bars before and after the game, there are also a lot of people parking in Liberty Village and making the walk to BMO Field. The Centennial Classic will be no different.

Last edited:

Back