Toronto Bloor Street Neighbourhood Condos | ?m | 32s | Cresford | Northgrave

great photos update Casa (do you live in the area or something? =D) ... this is a great building form with all its terracing ... despite all of Cresford's delays ... hopefully purchasers will get into their new home soon

^Yeah, thanks Casa... the pics along with your model and the line showing the current height are great.

That should become a staple of each thread, showing the rendering/model and updating the line as the building grows.

^Glad that is helpful. Here's where they're at this morning...

DSCN3444.jpg

Great shot. That's a good parking garage too, it's fairly discrete, nicely designed and even has retail on Charles & Hayden Streets. I really love those little parkettes (foreground) that run from Charles down to Dundonald streets which used to be parking lots. They're well maintained, have surprisingly attractive gardens and offer a really nice break from the hustle & bustle of nearby streets. Great neighbourhood in that area.

Great shot. That's a good parking garage too, it's fairly discrete, nicely designed and even has retail on Charles & Hayden Streets. I really love those little parkettes (foreground) that run from Charles down to Dundonald streets which used to be parking lots. They're well maintained, have surprisingly attractive gardens and offer a really nice break from the hustle & bustle of nearby streets. Great neighbourhood in that area.

Not sure about the Hayden Street side, but the Charles side has two restaruants - a breakfast nook and a sushi hutch. Both have nice, quaint patios and both are advertised in the parking-garage elevator. Casaguy and whoever else bought around here will definitely benefit from these convenient establishments.

It appears that some cladding has shown up on site.

If you look at the model on the last page, they look like the pieces that go at the lip of each set-back.

DSCN3491.jpg

Not sure about the Hayden Street side, but the Charles side has two restaruants - a breakfast nook and a sushi hutch. Both have nice, quaint patios and both are advertised in the parking-garage elevator. Casaguy and whoever else bought around here will definitely benefit from these convenient establishments.

I had lunch at one of those places today. Great patio and a great people watching spot. On the other side is a dry cleaner, hair salon and something else. Definitely a good use around the base of that garage. I hope the city never gets rid of it... it'll make for easy guest parking for 1 Bloor, BSN and Casa owners (rather than make guests jump through hoops with security to park in the building).

They are now basically done the 16th level.

In the next couple of days we will start to see if BSN will end up looking like this bastardized model and add the extra floors to the tower portion.

(Just killing time, playing around with a new graphics program...)

finalbsnse.jpg
finalnorthwestbsn.jpg
new32bsn2ready.jpg

And a few new shots of the model...

BSN confirmed at 32 storeys

Yes it is confirmed ... similar to casaguy's post # 247 above, BSN will be a 32 storey tower ... this is demostrated by the fact the minor variance for increased height was approved by the OMB in June 2008 together with the Site Plan Application (# 08 184912) Cresford submitted on July 22, 2008 for a 32 storey residential tower containing 349 units.

For BSN or CASA purchasers interested in the details, please contact Michael Mizzi (416.392.1791) in the City Planning department.

At work on the 16th floor. View through the dirty windows of 2 Bloor West this morning.

(Plus a bonus shot of the sunrise over Charles St.... the BSN crane is standing at attention).

DSCN3546.jpg
DSCN3547.jpg
DSCN3545.jpg

I stopped by this site (and Casa of course) out of curiousity two nights ago and noticed that contrary to these photos/renderings/model, BSN looks okay up close--it sort of matches the lowrise brownstone apt building it wraps around, and really, the height is hardly noticeable. It looks like window wall framing is quite advanced, so expect to see glazing and cladding soon....

The only major negative is the general (from mpov) "uneasy 'n sleazy" vibe the street gives off--the trash on Yonge St, the sleazebags that frequent the Brass rail parking lot, the park etc at night. The area needs better lighting, and perhaps more "eyes on the street."

Despite their claims of "High Class Whores" (or something like that), the Brass Rail doesn't exactly class-up the area. If anything, it adds to the interesting urban fabric (despite last year's shooting).

This section of Charles is rather unique with the alley, restaurant patios, parking garage, park, drop in shelter and Comfort Inn. It will be interesting to see how much this strip changes once an additional 1000 people or so call it home in the new high-end-ish condos.

And BSN is starting to grow on me too. The several set-backs definitely save it for me and once CASA is up I don't think it'll be as "piggy" as I first thought.

Back