Toronto Bisha Hotel and Residences | 146.91m | 44s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

I like the idea of having affordable housing in the same building as a hotel and condos, but having the affordable housing geared to people who work in the building strikes me as a bad idea, and probably unworkable. Taken seriously, it could lead to dt's observation that losing your job also means losing your place of residence (can you say 'court challenge'?). It would certainly place the person living there at risk of being abused by their employer ("Sorry, Michael, I've had to cancel your day off. You could quit of course, but it would also mean losing your apartment"). But also, it's not clear that the people who work in the hotel would necessarily have the most need of assisted housing - would they jump to the head of the line just because they were a concierge?

I wouldn't worry, though, because I think the concept is so unworkable that in reality, the assisted housing and the jobs in the hotel will end up in different hands anyways over time.
I agree, history shows us that living where you work almost always ends up in redrum.

4441184922_2bdcf89b55_o.jpg

Here's Johnny

Last edited:
that music is so chill, I love it! and to think I once got banned from a night club for threatening a dj for playing dance music on rock'n'roll nite... my how times have changed. I'd really like to know the name of that track!

I go to the website and the music starts playing. My girlfriend, who was in the kitchen making a salad, suddenly starts dancing frantically... "condo website?" she asks.

Last edited:
Latest Condo Guide has Bisha on the cover (but no rendering)..."coming this August".....

googling around, found this, don't know if already posted here...."Bisha will be a 41 storey mixed-use building. The residential dwelling units will be on floors 12 to 39, amenity space on floor 11, hotel guest rooms on floors 4 to 10, a hotel ballroom on the 3rd floor, hotel lobby functions on the 2nd Floor, and restaurant uses and the residential lobby on the ground floor. The heritage façade is proposed to be maintained."

Back