Toronto Birchley Park | 46.2m | 12s | Diamond Kilmer | TACT Architecture

Pretty close to zero.

Cycle Tracks here are contemplated, by cutting Victoria Park Avenue to 1 lane each way plus turning lanes.

The City has been looking more at the section from Crescent Town Road to Danforth in the near term, but it has been shared w/staff that I think going to Gerrard in one motion would make sense.

VP is already one lane each way south of Gerrard and north of VP subway station, so a its a fairly short stretch with the extra lanes, using that space for expanded left turn lanes and/or a right turn lane at Danforth would better serve traffic flow than the current arrangement and provide room for cycle tracks.

There would be a slight pinch at the Danforth intersection, but its workable.
Well, I guess it's good that technically bike lanes could go in here without expensive excavation. Now to make it so! 🤞

Agreed. With approximately 1,000 new units in this development, I'm sure that many more cyclists will want access to Danforth.

Cycling under that bridge is nasty. We go out of our way to avoid it.

While you are pushing for a solution, it would be appreciated if you put in a good word for the Danforth Kingston Complete Street initiative. :)
For sure! I❤🚲 lanes everywhere!

Back