News   Aug 23, 2024
 958     0 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 1.4K     3 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 513     0 

Toronto Bike Share

Docks are now being rolled out along the Finch Hydro Corridor from just west of Yonge to Bayview, so far:

1723650282172.png

Stations at Talbot (west of Yonge), Willowdale, and Bayview.

Current Station total 829 installed.

Looks like you posted the pic..........but it doesn't show up here for me, so I'll try bringing it forward:

1723777579913.png

I don't know that I see this as that bad..........I mean the obstruction is of someone on the opposite side of the photo taken, on a narrow'ish, 2-lane road...... Its not ideal, but it doesn't look terrible.

Last edited:
The expansion in Central Scarborough is now in full swing.

Bikeshare has now reached 825 Stations total, and we have 8 new additions in the above noted area:
I understand the policy goal of bike share stations in every ward, but I do wish they focused in infilling the areas already serviced first. There are a lot of gaps still.

I understand the policy goal of bike share stations in every ward, but I do wish they focused in infilling the areas already serviced first. There are a lot of gaps still.

I agree, as an East Yorker, I see a huge number of gaps in the north-of-Danforth space, particularly anywhere east of Pape.

I think its important to achieve 'critical mass' where using the service has higher utility and is closer to home/work/shopping/transit.

In reference to the above, I would look at both key spots that require service based on trip generation, but also key gaps to fill.

There are no Bikeshare stations in the Mortimer Corridor from Coxwell to Pape, none on Donlands from Cosburn to Danforth a mere single dock on O'Connor, at Woodbine.

Additionally, I think there should be Bikeshare docks at every Supermarket, if feasible and every Community Centre, and all major parks.

This would see an effort to add Bikeshare at the No Frills at St. Clair/VP, at Dieppe Park, at the entrance to Taylor Creek Park at Barrington/Lumsden, and the nearby Secord Community Centre, and more.

I can easily see 10 more docks in the area for geographic reasons, then a few more for capacity as demand rises.

Last edited:
Maybe fixing the docks too!

If I less less than 4 open docks I assume the station is full and the "open" ones are actually broken. Same with Electric bikes! If there is just 1 it's probably stuck or something so I won't even bother checking after being burnt so many times.

1724079248030.png

I know the right bike was probably broken, but this green light was stuck on and wouldn't accept my return

1724079279787.png

Same with Electric bikes! If there is just 1 it's probably stuck or something so I won't even bother checking after being burnt so many times.
Pro-tip that I have learned over time. Lifting the backseat of the electric bike while you're pulling it out will help with the "stuck" issue.

It seems to be something to do with the extra weight of the electric bike not being compatible with the sensor in the dock, it is especially bad in some docks that are at an elevation.

Pro-tip that I have learned over time. Lifting the backseat of the electric bike while you're pulling it out will help with the "stuck" issue.

It seems to be something to do with the extra weight of the electric bike not being compatible with the sensor in the dock, it is especially bad in some docks that are at an elevation.
I've seen sensor issues with the regular bikes that are similarly resolved by lifting the bike by the seat to adjust its docking orientation. For me it's usually when it fails to dock, usually due to uneven terrain at the dock. It's a good practice to just try it whenever the dock/undock is being finicky.

My issue a lot of the time was weirdly enough the app glitching out. Like the the screenshot where it said I'm too far??? But if it's a physical issue I'll try that!

My issue a lot of the time was weirdly enough the app glitching out. Like the the screenshot where it said I'm too far??? But if it's a physical issue I'll try that!
I had issues with the old app thinking I wasn't at the dock where I was trying to unlock the bike (it would locate me 100m away). I don't know if that's an issue with the app itself, or the phone's perceived GPS location. Anyway, I haven't had this issue come up in the past few months

I had issues with the old app thinking I wasn't at the dock where I was trying to unlock the bike (it would locate me 100m away). I don't know if that's an issue with the app itself, or the phone's perceived GPS location. Anyway, I haven't had this issue come up in the past few months

I get the error message "this bike is not available" the most. These same bikes will work fine with a card.

Back