News   Jun 21, 2024
 116     0 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 279     0 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 412     0 

Toronto Bike Share

I had the same issue yesterday. I got a bike where the seat post didn't close tightly enough, so it kept sinking down as I went over bumps. I reported it, but couldn't clarify that it was just the seat, and not something that disabled the bike. This was the ios app.
im assuming you tried to tighten the clamp yourself right?

I've tested reporting issues with the bike on both apps. On the new app (screenshot of version below, running on Android) I can only report that there is an issue, but not provide details.

On the old PBSC app, I can provide details about the issue. I assume this functionality will be added to the new app.

It's possible they ignored the details and just did an end-to-end tuneup of any bike reported having issues. Bikes with one noticeable issue will likely have several more soon, so a full tuneup is probably useful.

There needs to be some way of reporting a broken DOCK - as the system is aging there are far more of them these days. It is now almost routine to try to dock a bike and find the dock is broken. (Yes, sometimes the problem is the bike part of the locking mechanism but that can usually be dealt with by lifting the bike's rear wheel a bit as you push it in.)

Last edited:
My local station has been stacked.

So instead of holding 16 empty docks, it now proudly boasts 32 empty docks!
Don't worry - tomorrow it will have 32 full docks and you will need to dock a bike! I realise that balancing docks is complex and will never be perfect (i.e. I can get or return a bike when I want!) but it really does seem to have got much worse this year.

New dock going in front of the Princes' Gates @ The Ex
20240614_122807.jpg

Very slowly, and belatedly, Bikeshare's 2024 expansion is starting to rollout.

Today, the 800th dock was activated a short while ago.

Welcome Lillian and Soudan to the Bikeshare network:

1718641013699.png

Don't actually expect a bike there, LOL, those come later, but you can return one!

I think Toronto's cycling modal share is a couple years away from a bump. As better infrastructure is put in and awareness increases, cycling will begin to takeoff.

When I have conversations about bikeshare, I tell people I pay about $100 (corporate). They assume per month. I tell them it's per year and there eyes come out of their heads. People don't know.

As more people bike, their friends will bike and it'll keep going. After the Bloor, University, Richmond/Adelaide lane upgrades are done (this year?) we may have the basis to grow to the inflection point

I think Toronto's cycling modal share is a couple years away from a bump. As better infrastructure is put in and awareness increases, cycling will begin to takeoff.

When I have conversations about bikeshare, I tell people I pay about $100 (corporate). They assume per month. I tell them it's per year and there eyes come out of their heads. People don't know.

As more people bike, their friends will bike and it'll keep going. After the Bloor, University, Richmond/Adelaide lane upgrades are done (this year?) we may have the basis to grow to the inflection point
It's a bit of a gateway if one friend uses it and they want to go somewhere else together. You can get an Uber, take transit, or use a Bikeshare bike. It's actually quite a pleasant and fast way to get around downtown, and will only get more so as infrastructure becomes more comfortable (safe-seeming and easy to use).

It's a bit of a gateway if one friend uses it and they want to go somewhere else together. You can get an Uber, take transit, or use a Bikeshare bike. It's actually quite a pleasant and fast way to get around downtown, and will only get more so as infrastructure becomes more comfortable (safe-seeming and easy to use).
I own 2 bikes and still have a bike share membership 😂

Back