Toronto Berczy Park Revitalization | ?m | ?s

They are continuing with the work on Scott Street and I was pleased to see today that they have installed silva cells on the west side of the street so that trees there may actually thrive. I assume they may do same thing on the east (park) side too when they start to excavate that side. Looking good!

Last edited:
Noticed water in the fountain on Friday.
File_000.jpeg

Attachments

• File_000.jpeg
    File_000.jpeg
    709 KB · Views: 1,377
Just noticed that the spouts that ring the tier are moulded in the shape of cat faces(!) How wonderfully whimsical! I am looking forward to seeing this fountain once it is fully functional. I can see pictures of it showing up in future promotional literature for Toronto tourism!

Taken this afternoon. The stonework almost reaches the fountain. I think water was placed in the fountain - YYZ and YTZ only picked up 1 mm of drizzle yesterday, not enough to amount to a pool of water, especially with sun and 30% relative humidity today! As a bonus, the sparkling water in full sunshine should allow sun glint to shimmer on the underside of this impressively large fountain (see photo 5). Also I think the ring of fountain dwellers are pugs, not kitties.

Berncy1.jpg

Berncy2.jpg

Berncy3.jpg

The kitty patiently awaits his role in all of this...

Berncy4.jpg

Berncy5.jpg

Love this view....reminiscent of Europe with fountains and heritage o'plenty.

Berncy6.jpg

Attachments

• Berncy1.jpg
    Berncy1.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,251
  • Berncy2.jpg
    Berncy2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,197
  • Berncy3.jpg
    Berncy3.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,170
  • Berncy4.jpg
    Berncy4.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,172
  • Berncy5.jpg
    Berncy5.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1,207
  • Berncy6.jpg
    Berncy6.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,166
Last edited:
Just noticed that the spouts that ring the tier are moulded in the shape of cat faces(!) How wonderfully whimsical! I am looking forward to seeing this fountain once it is fully functional. I can see pictures of it showing up in future promotional literature for Toronto tourism!

They are pugs :)

They are pugs :)

They're pugs? LOL. Thanks. That bone at the top...so much humour in this fountain! Looking forward to seeing the finished product; I believe the individual dog sculptures will be coloured! Very vibrant!!

I think there's an annual industry convention called "Woof-stock". This park would be perfect for it!

I think there's an annual industry convention called "Woof-stock". This park would be perfect for it!
Woofstock (really a gathering of dog owners and those who want to sell them stuff ) used to be held on Front Street and included Berczy but it got far too large and has moved further east - Woodbine Park.

This may be the wrong thread but it's somewhat related: I'm going to laugh so hard if they manage to build an entirely new Berczy Park in the time that it's taken Joe Cressy to install a single fountain at Clarence Sq. It's been an abandoned construction site all Summer and his office won't answer any questions about it. There's been some recent progress but no sign of it re-opening.

This may be the wrong thread but it's somewhat related: I'm going to laugh so hard if they manage to build an entirely new Berczy Park in the time that it's taken Joe Cressy to install a single fountain at Clarence Sq. It's been an abandoned construction site all Summer and his office won't answer any questions about it. There's been some recent progress but no sign of it re-opening.

He posted pics of the fountain a few weeks ago and said work would be done by EOM.

Back