Toronto Bellefair Kew Beach Residences | ?m | 5s | Reserve Properties | RAW Design

I agree. It looks quite solid and substantial in person and has really helped to animate this corner. Streetlife was pretty lacklustre before other than the occasional folding table book sale. This is now arguably the busiest corner in the Beach.
The corner has a Shoppers, LCBO, and Tims. All three are huge traffic generators so it's not surprise that it's a lot busier. 10 years ago it had none of them.

Yes, quite correct. To your point, if the church had been knocked down entirely and replaced with one story retail of this sort, the effect on streetlife could have been similar. However, even though it is a facedectomy, the building does add something solid to the corner and neighbourhood and is pleasing to look at from Kew Gardens across the street.

When I passed by the area and took those photos back in October, it was actually my first time seeing this finished project up close. I was pretty impressed by its detailing and the way it blends seamlessly and even enhances the urban streetscape. Yes, the structure of the church was already there, but the execution to convert it into contemporary usage was well done. This conversion project and the mid-rise a couple blocks west at Kenilworth have been positive additions to the area.

Last edited:

Back