Toronto Bay Adelaide Centre | 217.92m | 51s | Brookfield | KPMB

blame city hall for forcing developers to make such short ugly buildings. Thanks City Hall now we have short ugly buildings to look at.

I feel we're living in a very interesting transitional period. Give it another 10-20yrs, and the kind of people running things and making decisions will be a very different group and demographics.

Unfortunately, we'll just have to live with it for now. I don't have a problem with minimalistic glass boxes, as long as they're well built.

Yeah, I'd have to agree there's a real "generation gap" at play, now, but I don't see how it's any different than a generation or two ago.

I do completely agree it will be interesting to see what comes forth in another generation.

Haha! "Developers" are "forced" to make such "short ugly buildings." Those altruistic developers! Trying so hard to build "beautiful" buildings like Aura and Trump, and the darn government keeps forcing them to make ugly buildings!

blame city hall for forcing developers to make such short ugly buildings. Thanks City Hall now we have short ugly buildings to look at.

Confused-Cat-Meme-1-610x457_zpsb75e74fe.jpg

motomobbers - Photobucket

Attachments

• Confused-Cat-Meme-1-610x457_zpsb75e74fe.jpg
    Confused-Cat-Meme-1-610x457_zpsb75e74fe.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 2,083
Never understand how forumers are so willing to compromise public spaces (even for something like shadowing) for a few extra metres on a private development. Also, height does add value but, a dud at 150 metres is still a dud at 200 metres.

Developers are simply providing a product. Blame our institutions for these mundane towers here in Toronto.

Are they removing one or both cranes this weekend (next weekend?). I saw signs up saying that Adelaide would be closed between Bay & Victoria one of those weekends.

The tarp covering main floor windows has bee removed from the south side. Sorry, but I was no able to take picture. Hope tomorrow to find time

The BA Centre is good filler material since it lacks architectural identity, but they shouldn't have Scotia Plaza in any of their shots of NYC. It's one of Toronto's landmark towers.

Never understand how forumers are so willing to compromise public spaces (even for something like shadowing) for a few extra metres on a private development. Also, height does add value but, a dud at 150 metres is still a dud at 200 metres.

Developers are simply providing a product. Blame our institutions for these mundane towers here in Toronto.

If your going to build a dud, I would rather have a tall dud. 99% of all the buildings in Toronto are duds, can you imagine if they were all short??? This city would look like Winnipeg!!!! Suck it!!

If your going to build a dud, I would rather have a tall dud. 99% of all the buildings in Toronto are duds, can you imagine if they were all short??? This city would look like Winnipeg!!!! Suck it!!

And with that, a week to rethink your approach to posting on the forum - and this isn't your first offense.

MoD

Back