Toronto Bay Adelaide Centre | 217.92m | 51s | Brookfield | KPMB

Today:

BvkMwk6.jpg

I5Qnt0y.jpg

Uj4vB7d.jpg

beqQ8IJ.jpg

RmzgMMZ.jpg

8OyRoZz.jpg

Unless you mean the north-east corner, which is occupied by 2 historic buildings which I wouldn't want to see touched, but those directly north, including the (no longer) "Arcade" building could certainly be redeveloped.

Ya I meant north-east, (The McDonalds/small shops just slightly north of Adelaide on Yonge)... and preferably not a Bay Adelaide 4.

There's another one on the west side, about 10 floors up. I've started to wonder whether they've just forgotten about them.

I think they've also forgotten about the temporary hoarding over the ScotiaPlaza driveway. There's several missing pieces of granite where the hoarding attaches, with gigantic exposed steel lugs. If they're going to leave the hoarding in place (and why not, really?) you'd think they could at least put a panel in to cover up the bare concrete and fasteners.

I think they've also forgotten about the temporary hoarding over the ScotiaPlaza driveway. There's several missing pieces of granite where the hoarding attaches, with gigantic exposed steel lugs. If they're going to leave the hoarding in place (and why not, really?) you'd think they could at least put a panel in to cover up the bare concrete and fasteners.
The hoarding above the scotiabank driveway is permanent, and is owned by Scotiabank tower. I can't remember for sure, but I believe that building it was part of a deal between the two ownership groups that was struck up to placate Scotia tower. They wanted their parking operations to be undisturbed.

I believe that it was made permanent later on in the design process, which is why the cladding didn't work there. As it was designed / manufactured first.

Last edited:
Ok, so it stays up, I don't have a problem with that. But if it's permanent they could spend a few dollars to put a soffit under it, and they could do something to close in the gaping holes in the facade where the hoarding attaches. Just a simple grey aluminum panel would suffice.

Ok, so it stays up, I don't have a problem with that. But if it's permanent they could spend a few dollars to put a soffit under it, and they could do something to close in the gaping holes in the facade where the hoarding attaches. Just a simple grey aluminum panel would suffice.
I don't disagree. But given the construction cost overruns and ongoing legal disputes, I'm not surprised.

Back