Toronto Bay Adelaide Centre | 217.92m | 51s | Brookfield | KPMB

press release from today:

"Bay Adelaide East, located on Adelaide Street West between Bay and Yonge Streets, adjacent to the existing Bay Adelaide West, will be a 44-storey, 980,000-square-foot office tower with best-in-class operational, environmental and life safety systems. The company plans to break ground before the end of the year with completion expected in late 2015.

Professional services firm Deloitte signed a lease commitment earlier this year to occupy 420,000 square feet, or 43 percent of the building, as Bay Adelaide East's anchor tenant. Once completed, the East and West towers will represent the forefront of premier office product in Toronto's financial core, encompassing the full Adelaide Street block between Bay and Yonge Streets."

http://www.stockhouse.com/news/canadianreleasesdetail.aspx?n=8625619

The new Trump tenants are going to be super pissed once the noise starts...and even angrier when they are fully boxed in by BAC and 100 Adelaide. Everyone below the penthouses just lost their panoramic views - although I will admit that I found the views from Trump that face other buildings to be awesome in their own way. Nothing quite like it, in fact I keep typing and deleting trying to find the proper words - but they aren't coming to me. You might want to go for a drink at Stock and see what I am talking about (just one drink though, unless you are Kevin O'Leary rich)

Isn't Deloitte a competitor of KPMG? Wouldn't they want their headquarters to stand out MORE than their rival, rather than be a shorter twin of it?

So, I already asked this, but--is there a third building planned to go up slightly to the north of these two?

I know it's in the plans but nothing for the time being. My bet would be something being proposed after the east tower is completed.

Not what I heard in the new year. A mixed-use tower will rise together with Bay Adelaide East once the Adelaide parkade entrance is re-opened. Market condition certainly has change since.

Isn't Deloitte a competitor of KPMG? Wouldn't they want their headquarters to stand out MORE than their rival, rather than be a shorter twin of it?

I don't think that matters to anyone but skyscraper enthusiasts. The days of building your own tower and competing with everyone elses are long gone. Firms have absolutely no connection to their buildings anymore. They simply rent space, and that interior space is more important than anything else to them.

Makes more sense financially for the big four to work together than to compete with one another.

Not what I heard in the new year. A mixed-use tower will rise together with Bay Adelaide East once the Adelaide parkade entrance is re-opened. Market condition certainly has change since.

I hope you're right. But i can't see how downtown can add 4 new major office projects in the same year.

It would be interesting to see a mixed-use skyscraper with office and residential space in the same building, like the John Hancock Centre in Chicago. I don't know if Toronto has any major towers with this mix of uses. I believe that the Manulife Centre divides offices and luxury apartments into two separate towers.

Back