Toronto Backyard Neighbourhood Condos | 24.99m | 10s | VANDYK | Kohn

Anyone shopping up the Cheese Boutique has some kind of culinary clue, so no apologies required. I actually timed my photo run to put me at the SanRemo bakery for lunch grub (there was no actual champagne picnic), so between you and I, we covered the best foodie hotspots bracketing the area on Saturday!

I've heard San Remo makes very good doughnuts; some also recommend their cakes.

Any thoughts @interchange42

Its way out of my way as an east ender; but I love trying out new spots all over the GTA.

Good to know if something's worth the trip; and what to get when I pop by!

I've heard San Remo makes very good doughnuts; some also recommend their cakes.

Any thoughts @interchange42

It's way out of my way as an east ender; but I love trying out new spots all over the GTA.

I think their filled donuts are better than the ring ones, I'm just not crazy about their ring donut batter. (That's gotta be personal preference of course.) The cakes…

IMG_2794.jpg

…well, I haven't had all of their specialties yet, I don't do sweets that often (despite the photos), but that pistachio amarena tart for instance? Mmmmmmm…

Meanwhile, I know we're way off topic here, but there aren't that many who read this thread!

Thanks for the pic!

I won't belabour the off-topic except to say, like you, I'm not a huge sweets person, but when I'm so inclined I like coffee/Mocha applications.

So both of these got my attention:

1606159154491.png

1606159189016.png

Now back to our regularly scheduled subject matter!

we covered the best foodie hotspots bracketing the area on Saturday!
Its way out of my way as an east ender; but I love trying out new spots all over the GTA.
Well, if you make your way to San Remo, check out their sandwich selection too. And you may as well couple it with a coffee/latte from Birds & Beans down by the waterfront (oh so good!). Between those two, and Cheese Boutique, the foodie trifecta is complete.

Well, if you make your way to San Remo, check out their sandwich selection too. And you may as well couple it with a coffee/latte from Birds & Beans down by the waterfront (oh so good!). Between those two, and Cheese Boutique, the foodie trifecta is complete.
I keep buying SanRemo's smoked turkey sandwiches - they are soooo good! Haven't done Birds & Beans, but will someday, and in regards to the Cheese Boutique, could there be a better store of its type in Ontario? Arguably not.

I keep buying SanRemo's smoked turkey sandwiches - they are soooo good! Haven't done Birds & Beans, but will someday, and in regards to the Cheese Boutique, could there be a better store of its type in Ontario? Arguably not.
Alright, my last off-topic post. It's just I really like discussing neighborhood gems. You're not wrong, Cheese Boutique is definitely a destination on a provincial scale. I learned about it years before I even moved to Mimico from a guy who would drive all the way down from New Market to shop there at least once a month. He introduced me to their concept of "assorted cheese platter" which is when they put a bunch of random cheese cutoffs in a box and sell it as is. The beauty of it is, you really don't know what you're gonna get each time. It's just like Every Flavor Beans from Harry Potter, except with cheese.
And I learned about Birds & Beans coffee from a couple who would occasionally go for "a lazy Sunday drive to Birds & Beans" all the way from Waterloo

I noticed that you expressly did not recommend Jimmy's Coffee, which is literally next to San Remo...

Yesterday: a shovel started taking down the last piece of the plaza, which had been used for construction offices until recently. Phase three, 'The King's Mill' will eventually be built here.
IMG_3761.jpg
IMG_3764.jpg
IMG_3766.jpg

In the distance, the excavation for phase two, 'The Queensview'.
IMG_3765.jpg

IMG_3768.jpg

Hmm, that pit (hard to see through the blue fencing) looks deep, tidy…

…and today, I was spending a fair bit of time capturing this crane being raised. Here are the best 4/9ths of the pics I took:
IMG_1922.jpg
IMG_1925.jpg

IMG_1928.jpg

IMG_1930.jpg
IMG_1931.jpg
IMG_1933.jpg
IMG_1938.jpg

IMG_1943.jpg
IMG_1947.jpg
IMG_1949.jpg
IMG_1953.jpg
IMG_1958.jpg
IMG_1960.jpg
IMG_1962.jpg
IMG_1964.jpg
IMG_1965.jpg

The crane was used to swing the boom around to the other direction, bringing the end where the weights would be loaded closer to the mobile crane.
IMG_1966.jpg

This is the second of seven concrete weights that were eventually loaded onto the crane.
IMG_1970.jpg
IMG_1974.jpg

The last guys climbed down from the crane just before taking this shot.

The first of the shots was at was 10:40 AM, the last at 5:20 PM.

Still getting used to seeing this outside my WFH office window. It’ll be quite a while before anything rises from behind the old apartment stock in front of it, but I’m glad to have the new creature on my local skyline.

12A0EB62-2C16-4F50-8416-209BA50118FF.jpeg

Back