Toronto Avenue 151 | 41.45m | 10s | Dash Developments | Teeple Architects

Today.
8F5C118F-7A18-48C0-8E9E-B04586F9157A.jpeg

It's definitely good, but loses a bunch of points in my book for incredibly weird spandrel placement.
That's price the city pays for owners being able to customize units in higher-end buildings. The gold mullions look fine, but the gold spandrel is gaudy. If they had gone with precast in those sections, it might have looked better, tying in with the other bits of precast here and there.

i agree with the point about random Spanderel placement but its still a pretty good looking building.

Teeple always does interesting work. but unfortunately execution is very important and not getting tempted to "value engineer" the project.

Based on the renderings, it seems like the design intent was to have soft rounded corner all side of the buildings. The precast has done that beautifully, but they segmented the railings on the south east and south west and butchered it.

The other issue is the gold/brass color. It's very easy to show whatever you like in the rendering, but takes a bit of patience, mockup exercise, and commitment to deliver something nice. The unrefined gold color is distracting, and theres no harmony with the ground floor color.

Having said all that, I dont want to bash a project and a developer that is trying to do something different and beautiful. It's still look great and I take this building over majority of the glass condos in our city.

Back