Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Future Aura

someMidTowner's great photograph from up Yonge Street (found HERE) inspired me to do a rendering. Just a random guess at the completed version, of course. All details are up for debate. If the original size is a little overwhelming, I have included some smaller versions underneath.

Enjoy :cool:

hi3r4.jpg

ByV4l.jpg

(Original photograph by sMT found HERE and Rendering for comparison.)

Attachments

• 12345 Deeja.jpg
    12345 Deeja.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 234
  • 12345 Ebj.jpg
    12345 Ebj.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:
Wow, nice work Traynor! This one is gonna be a true beast and really stand out more than I could ever imagine! It would be nice if we could get some more +200m towers along this stretch of Yonge street to balance this monster out.

Thank you for the rendering! This condo is going to TOWER over Yonge Street more than I imagined. Considering how short the buildings are past Dundas Street, this thing looks like a Burj Dubai! Haha.

someMidTowner's great photograph from up Yonge Street (found HERE) inspired me to do a rendering. Just a random guess at the completed version, of course. All details are up for debate. If the original size is a little overwhelming, I have included some smaller versions underneath.

Great to have your skills back in action! Looks fantastic as always, Traynor!

I think what we'll get with the finished product, and is impossible to show in a render, is how great the reflection of sky off the curtain walled portion of the building will be. On a blue and white cloud day we'll get a great deal of reflections!

Pics taken Jan 15 from Toronto General Hospital.

Does anyone know the name of the thread for the building that is being dismantled in the foreground. Thanks.

nLnNA.jpg

VqHf7.jpg

Walking home today I noticed that the curved floorplate is already very visible from NPS. The whole looks a little lopsided right now because of how the tower shrinks on the one side, but I guess the effect will be less noticeable once they hit the stepback on the east side.

The only part of the basement that appears to be decently leased out is the food court. Unfortunately, with poor pedestrian circulation (by design and lack of other retail leads) it too looks destined to be a flop in the immediate future. Can't see too many people eating at a dead end space with low exposure, that leads to nowhere.

From the signs I've seen in the food court, it appears to be all Asian restaurants. (not that I'm complaining, as I love Asian food)

There is a sign in the lobby saying that Marshall's opens April 4th. I hope it does better than BB&B is doing. That place is empty, every time I go there.

Last edited:
From the signs I've seen in the food court, it appears to be all Asian restaurants. (not that I'm complaining, as I love Asian food)

There is a sign in the lobby saying that Marshall's opens April 4th. I hope it does better than BB&B is doing. That place is empty, every time I go there.

Keep in mind most big box stores like this don't get very busy at all, visit some in the suburbs, including BB&B and they're fairly empty quite often. The few times I've been to BB&B it seemed fairly busy on the weekend, relatively speaking.

^^^

I hadn't really realized until seeing the third photo above that from the east and west, Aura will appear the same width from top to bottom. For some reason I'd imagined that the curved portion would appear to have a smaller floorplate from all angles.

I must be missing something, but what building is coming down in the foreground of that first shot? I can't place the building or project.

Back