Toronto Atrium on Bay Expansion | 114m | 34s | KingSett Capital | Hariri Pontarini

The North side of the sign (opposite the media screen) is now covered in three white panels. Does anyone know why?

pardon my sell phone snaps

edit: if a mod could delete the last two imagines, it'd be appreciated!

IMG_20140921_192033_hdr.jpg

IMG_20140921_192800_hdr.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20140921_192033_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20140921_192033_hdr.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,309
  • IMG_20140921_192800_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20140921_192800_hdr.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,308
Last edited by a moderator:
We're getting Uniqlo AND Muji? Be still my heart.

that's great news. It means I actually will have a reason to go to Atrium on Bay (except to see my dentist), which seems to be more of a colossal failure than 10 Dundas East.

A failure? Lol!

Hines bought the Atrium on Bay in 2007 for $250 million then in less than 3 years they sold it to current owners HR for $350 million. God knows what HR could get for the property now if they ever decided to sell.

A failure? Lol!

Hines bought the Atrium on Bay in 2007 for $250 million then in less than 3 years they sold it to current owners HR for $350 million. God knows what HR could get for the property now if they ever decided to sell.

I was talking about retail in that building, not from a business investment perspective.

I find it really weird that residents in Pantages Tower would complain to their building management about the lights at Dundas Square. What does the strata at Pantages have to do it?
Why aren't these people contacting the city directly if they have a problem with it?

That's one of the services a mangement company offers. They know how to manage the red tape about these things. Also, it looks like a bigger issue if a building complains, rather than one schmo in one apartment, so gets to the top of the pile quicker.

Ok for retail, I would say you have a point. (barely) But the Atrium is also restaurants and offices too, and they seem to do quite well.

I don't know about office, but considering the location, I won't be surprised they are doing well.

In terms of restaurants, there is Spring Rolls (fake Asian fusion restaurant I simply refuse to go every time) and a Red Lobster. There is a Pickle Barrel on the lower level I think, but it is hardly that successful. I think Yonge/Dundas can do better than that.

Other retail in the building is absolutely atrocious. The entire space simply isn't inviting and there is nothing interesting inside. Even the layout of that LCBO is extremely weird. I really hope this building can function better, especially considering the location.

Back