Toronto Artists' Alley | 121.91m | 39s | Lanterra | Hariri Pontarini

For all the cheapening, the building looks more sophisticated without the massive column. Anytime you have a part of a building appearing to float above the ground without any supports, you have more complex engineering at play. It's impressive to see those floors of units seemingly suspended high above the ground. Cantilevering is rare here in Toronto among new projects. That aspect of the design is quite interesting.

Last edited:
Did anyone attend the planning meeting last night? I'd love to know what was discussed. I'm wondering what they're planning for the ground level retail. I live in a nearby building, and I can't see how a business (other than a big box store or a grocery store) could survive on a side street such as this one.

Awesome

norm-li-toronto-rendering-lanterra-artists-alley-5.jpg

Attachments

• norm-li-toronto-rendering-lanterra-artists-alley-5.jpg
    norm-li-toronto-rendering-lanterra-artists-alley-5.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 763
I love how they took two skyline images and merged them together to get a sense of the 'view' from the roof - and neither are correct. On the left side, the picture looks to be taken from Market Wharf (with the image being mirrored), while on the right side, look like it was taken from a Ward's Island ferry.

The database file has been updated with 16 new renderings, and the older ones pushed back through the list.

it's a beautifully rendered building, but that video really lays it on thick with the name dropping and manufactured excitement about going to New York and London to acquire art. Who's buying into that? I guess we have to trust them that they're going to do a great job, but I will wait for the finished product before putting any money on the table. I do love this area of the city -- lots of potential.

Back