Toronto Art Shoppe Condos | 98.75m | 28s | Freed | a—A

Have never understood why Y&E is majority dreary 2nd-rate chain retail and dumpy hotels.

As usual, I have no idea what you are talking about.

I wouldn't be surprised to see something similar to the design that aA had proposed for the tower at the TCHC Building at Block 31 in Cityplace for this building

xqakol.jpg

The towers are very polished and sculptural, looking forward to more. Podium appears to take cues from the present Art Shoppe built form, with its minimalist modern lines.

We definitely need such architeture in the South core or anywhere that can be seen from the lake ......
Some body need to break that Glass box jinx .....

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems Aa is ripping off Freed's own Thompson Residences. They should at least buy Saucier + Perrotte a few good beers from la belle province in recognition. Alsop will kick ass on Yonge street, not this copycat.

This theme has been done long before S+P touched it. Not to mention that architecture is all about mimicry.

I love S+P but please don't pretend this sort of massing and design is unique to them.

is this how the Yonge & Eglinton skyline could look in the near future?

5-3_zps31c929da.jpg

Hey insertnamehere,

fabulous renders (as always)!

I just had a question, what's the name of the tower just north of Minto Midtown (the one south of Eglinton of course) ? I've never heard of it!

Thanks alot!

-Mahdi

Back