Toronto Art Shoppe Condos | 98.75m | 28s | Freed | a—A

50 is a bit of a stretch. i think he'll get pinned by market timing here - unless he has a creatively/flexible deal with the vendor/financers. this is a next-cycle project. same with bazis a couple of blocks to the north.

What are you suggesting? That another great iconic corner of Toronto will get Bazis-ed? It certainly looks like a distinct possibility.

On this one though I have confidence that Freed knows what he is doing. He's not someone who would bring a fantasy to market. He'll do it right.

On this one though I have confidence that Freed knows what he is doing. He's not someone who would bring a fantasy to market. He'll do it right.

Much of the contemporary condo market is based on "fantasy." Freed markets lifestyle, like so many other developer.

looks like 50 storeys might be a possibility after all....

“What I’ve heard from a number of people in the neighbourhood is that it was indeed sold and they’ll be coming with a proposal of roughly 50 storeys,” Matlow said.

http://www.mytowncrier.ca/art-shoppe-site-sold.html

info courtesy of @Urbanation twitter post

is this how the Yonge & Eglinton skyline could look in the near future?

5-3_zps31c929da.jpg

its looking better... but I hope this area EXPLODES.... hopefully the LRT helps

Last edited by a moderator:
Y/E probably needs twice that amount of highrise and a lot of midrises nearby to serve as a real "midtown".
Right now, it is still a semi-surburb with 1km of retail on Yonge st. I still consider Wellesley/Harbord to Yorkville/Annex area to be our real midtown.

Nice 3D model insertnamehere. We'll also likely see more development at Y/E, north of Eglinton. I also wonder what's the status of that stale proposal at Eglinton/Duplex.

Nice 3D model insertnamehere. We'll also likely see more development at Y/E, north of Eglinton. I also wonder what's the status of that stale proposal at Eglinton/Duplex.

Current state of the proposal

No, but in all reality, I remember reading somewhere around here that it was cancelled. I'm sure someone will uncover the thread in question

Hmm, no floor count/height from city planning on this one..........2131 YONGE ST
OPA / Rezoning 13 105888 STE 22 OZ Ward 22
- Tor & E.York Jan 15, 2013 --- --- --- ---
Proposed new mixed use commercial residential building approximately 56, 418.00 square metres. The proposal contemplates a podium consisting of primarily retail commercial uses and a food store. Residential units are proposed with a top floor restaurant in the northern most tower.

Last edited:
Here's the thread regarding that stale proposal: 36-44 Eglinton Ave W

Also talks about the future Eglinton station redevelopment plans: Here

I was curious about this one, and it looks the the OMB may have already issued a final order, although it's not available online. I did find an early hearing on the OMB's website. The OMB is very supportive of this development, and were sympathetic to the developers arguments. Of interest is the part about Section 37. It shows that it is not equitable applied among developments. An interesting read all around: http://www.omb.gov.on.ca/e-decisions/pl110553-Jun-19-2012.pdf

On a side issue, the City of Toronto really needs to implement zoning bylaws calling for office space in the podiums of condo towers in the nodes and along the avenues IMHO. The OMB called the city out on the arbitrary requests for office space.

Hmm, no floor count/height from city planning on this one..........2131 YONGE ST
OPA / Rezoning 13 105888 STE 22 OZ Ward 22
- Tor & E.York Jan 15, 2013 --- --- --- ---
Proposed new mixed use commercial residential building approximately 56, 418.00 square metres. The proposal contemplates a podium consisting of primarily retail commercial uses and a food store. Residential units are proposed with a top floor restaurant in the northern most tower.

Sounds like something similar to the Panorama @ Manulife. That would be interesting to have at Yonge & Eg.

Last edited:
38 +29 storeys, aA

Last edited:

Back