Toronto Art Shoppe Condos | 98.75m | 28s | Freed | a—A

So looks like the rest of that section has been taken down since yesterday.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    954.6 KB · Views: 2,018
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    839.5 KB · Views: 1,952
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 2,017
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 2,050
The incident aside, I am glad to see this moving forward.

Thanks for the scaffolding update @WillTo
I'm happy to be a snitch :)

Later in the day (Friday) they stopped people from walking under the scaffolding when they were doing the sensitive parts. Close up those bricks look mighty heavy and I would not want one to fall on me.

I wonder if they are going to proceed with the rest of the building.

They're back at it this afternoon, and looks like this time a workers got a watchful eye on the demolition from the top of the scaffolding.

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    780.1 KB · Views: 1,755
These are from yesterday and just getting around to posting. They've been chewing away at the building nearly every day, and they're getting close to the south wall now.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,614
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 292
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,586
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,010.6 KB · Views: 1,592
This shot is from Sunday which I'm just remembering to post. Site is completely cleared now, and the demo company spent the better part of the last couple weeks clearing away all the rubble. Last few days hasn't had much of any activity. Wondering when shoring will begin on this one.

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,151
Are those contamination well caps? What was on site here before the art shoppe? (I should know this, having been born and raised a few blocks away, but I am guessing what was there might have been before my time.)

In all likelihood, they would just be levelling the site prior to bringing the shoring equipment in.

Lucky nearby residents on that residential street. Enjoy the noise and mess of the next few years. Then enjoy the shadows and increased traffic.

Back