Toronto Aria | ?m | 19s | Fernbrook Homes | Rafael + Bigauskas

May 1 2010 update

Aria 1+2 quickly rising into the view from Sheppard Avenue - south elevation
IMG_5059.jpg

Aria 1 @ 19th floor - northwest + southwest elevations
Click to Enlarge

Aria 2 @ 16th floor - northwest + southwest + south elevations

Some consider this fake looking - but I'm liking how this entrance structure + rec centre is shaping up
IMG_5060.jpg

Distance view of Aria from the west
IMG_5063.jpg

Thanks for the update Solaris!

According to Cityzen, phase one is expected to be officially topped out mid-May, at which point they will hopefully be mailing out the first confirmed occupancy letters. As it stands now, the most recent info I have is a tentative move in date of sometime in September.

Thanks for the update Solaris!

According to Cityzen, phase one is expected to be officially topped out mid-May, at which point they will hopefully be mailing out the first confirmed occupancy letters. As it stands now, the most recent info I have is a tentative move in date of sometime in September.

Went to the site today... I seriously start to doubt the September move in date. Everything points out to one final 3 month delay.

I was there last night too and was telling my wife that at best I suspect another 2-3 month delay for phase I. Windows are now installed up to the 10th floor and the cladding is a few floors higher still, and the building has definitely topped out. I could also see some interior work being done to varying degrees on the ground floor. A lot of the fencing surrounding the project had been taken down as well, presumably to accomodate work on the grounds. I'll try and get some pictures up next time I pass by.

That falls in line with what I had figured. I expect to get my letter this week and will post the date for anyone who cares.

Edit: Received my letter yesterday indicating a confirmed occupancy date of late November.

Last edited:
August 20 2010 update

Looks like Aria is close to completion :)
IMG_4977.jpg

The phase I crane was brought down and it looks like the phase II crane may also come down shortly. Occupancy for phase I has been further delayed by 1-2 weeks per suite.

I know there's a lot of hate, but I think it looks good driving up Leslie and East on Sheppard and the 401.

Drove by the site this morning and was happy to see some good progress. The copper roof for the lobby has been installed, as has the first bits of glass for the balconies. Some paving is done (I believe the remainder is to be interlock stone), and the top floors of both phases are finally getting some much needed attention.

As you will see in the pictures below, there were a lot of workers on site which is not normal for a Saturday at this site. I suspect that since occupancy is scheduled to begin sometime in November they're scrambling to get as much done as possible.

Attachments

• Aria Phase 1 Penthouse.jpg
    Aria Phase 1 Penthouse.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 479
  • Aria Phase 1 Side.jpg
    Aria Phase 1 Side.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 467
  • Aria Phase 1 Balcony Glass.jpg
    Aria Phase 1 Balcony Glass.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 479
  • Aria Phase 1 Front.jpg
    Aria Phase 1 Front.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 460
  • Aria Lobby.jpg
    Aria Lobby.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 468
  • Aria Phase 1.jpg
    Aria Phase 1.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 460
  • Aria Townhome Site.jpg
    Aria Townhome Site.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 458
  • Aria Phase 2 Penthouse.jpg
    Aria Phase 2 Penthouse.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 428
  • Aria Driveway.jpg
    Aria Driveway.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 449
  • Aria Phase 2.jpg
    Aria Phase 2.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 490
Occupancy started last week. Lobby is sill under contstruction. Lockers are not finish. Lots of constructions are going on. It is a mess.

Kenji, I assumed you are in phase 1? How's the underground parking?

I drove inside and stopped near the underground parking ramp to take a look at the site. Still have a lot of things to be worked on.

I have recently moved into my suite at Aria and can tell you that the buliding is far from complete. None of the common areas, including the looby, are finished. The hallways are about half complete (they claim this is by design as they don't want to lay new carpet only to have movers track dirt, salt, etc. through it).

The suites on floors six and under are pretty much complete with move ins started, but they are still working on seven and above to varying degrees.

Congrads on you move into Aria Professsor ~ could you share some common areas interior photos when you time permits? thanks !

Back