Toronto Aria | ?m | 19s | Fernbrook Homes | Rafael + Bigauskas

given the unit types mix and prices points, I suspect will Aria be a 'owner occupied' rather than 'investor/tenant' building ... unlike Arc Condominiums

That should certainly be the case, especially considering there was a section in the Purchase & Sale Agreement outlining how they would not allow any 'flipping' of units.

That should certainly be the case, especially considering there was a section in the Purchase & Sale Agreement outlining how they would not allow any 'flipping' of units.

thats good. I also prefer to live in a condo where majority of people OWN The condo. renters usually dont give a crap about the condition of the unit and property.

How does one stop someone from selling (flipping) a unit once the building is registered?

As far as I know that's not possible, but they can prevent you from selling the unit while the building is pre-construction and/or during construction, which is the case with this particular project.

but they can prevent you from selling the unit while the building is pre-construction and/or during construction...

... by prohitbiting re-assignment of units under Purchase & Sale Agreements

I had a chance to pass by the site last night and they have installed a single corner piece of cladding on the fifth floor.....kind of strange. Does anyone know if they do some kind of testing before installing it all?

Last edited:
I had a chance to pass by the site last night and they have installed a single corner piece of cladding on the fifth floor.....kind of strange. Does anyone know if they do some kind of testing before installing it all?

It's very common to install test cladding, to make sure things fit how they should, etc.

Professor, is it visible at the pictures Solaris has posted on page7?

No, it was added after the pictures were taken. I would've taken a picture but it was dark and I only had my Blackberry with me. If you go to the site you can't miss it, it's on the fifth floor, phase I, right at southwest corner facing Buchan Court.

We are pleased to report the following with respect to Aria Phase One;

*Precast has started and will be at full force on Monday December 7th

*Windows will follow precast installation, weather permitting starting January 12th, 2010

Last edited:
It's very common to install test cladding, to make sure things fit how they should, etc.

Yeah but, for a condo? I don't think a condo developer is that concerned over the aesthetics to go for that additional expense.

*Windows will follow precast installation, weather permitting starting January 12th, 2010

This is great news Cityzen. Where did you get this information? I assume it's a new update brochure but since I have not received anything I am not sure.

Thanks for the info Cityzen, it's greatly appreciated. Can't wait to see the progress in the next few weeks.

Went by the site last weekend. Not much has been going on for this project.

Back