Toronto Aqualuna at Bayside | 61.87m | 18s | Tridel | 3XN

Actually it’s my dream to have a property at aqualuna - not only is it a great building and location in the city, close to the lake, the financial district, St Lawrence market, beaches etc. but also it’s a paradise for urban enthusiasts, isn’t it the most promising area for the next decade? To live in the middle of a big construction site, isn’t that wonderful? 😂
I hope your dream come true!
Yes, I believe this area will become Toronto best and most prestigious neighbourhoods.

July 30:

0 tridel.JPG

One close up and one far away.

I'm really loving this building. In fact all the buildings in the second photo feel like a MASSIVE win. All done right to my eyes.

View attachment 585881View attachment 585882
Is the Parliament Slip filling in completed or do they still have to put more 'fill' in the area further south that appears to be separated from Lake with a (temporary??) barrier? (Or is this the foundation of a wave deck?)

1722874961685.png

Just looked up pricing on Aqualuna. Have no idea if the prices on Tridel's website are still accurate, but for a ballpark the units start at $2M and go up to $9M. Yikes. that's some pricey real estate. As pretty as this building is, I don't know if I'd pay $2M minimum to live in there. Also those big terraces are sexy but you're paying maintenance and property tax on all that sq/ft that you're likely not using half the year.

Just looked up pricing on Aqualuna. Have no idea if the prices on Tridel's website are still accurate, but for a ballpark the units start at $2M and go up to $9M. Yikes. that's some pricey real estate. As pretty as this building is, I don't know if I'd pay $2M minimum to live in there. Also those big terraces are sexy but you're paying maintenance and property tax on all that sq/ft that you're likely not using half the year.

You don't typically pay maintenance fees on exterior space. It's considered an exclusive use common element.

I'm not even sure you'd pay higher property taxes, for the same reason. You don't technically own the balcony.

I'm not even sure you'd pay higher property taxes, for the same reason. You don't technically own the balcony.

Property tax is based on the market value of the unit (as %age of all real-estate in the city) If someone is willing to pay more for a large exclusive use terrace, then the property taxes will be higher.

Last edited:
Property tax is based on the market value of the unit. If someone is willing to pay more for a large exclusive use terrace, then the property taxes will be higher.
I don't believe that's correct, property taxes are based on assessed values as determined by MPAC (Municipal Property Assessment Corporation). Sale prices factor into their calculations no doubt, but these are done on a macro scale, not per unit or individual residence.

Back