Toronto Aqualina at Bayside | 47.85m | 13s | Tridel | Arquitectonica

I read that occupancy is 2016 for this?? How is that possible? are sales even going ok?
It is virtually impossible to predict occupation until they have all their permits and are already excavating. They have not get their permits and are not excavating yet. You will see photos of the first excavator here when it arrives on site. :->

No, that's the losing competition entry for the East Bayfront (which Pelli eventually won) with KPMB. It's surely the better plan but as it's less developer-friendly (eg. the costly and GFA-losing finger slips), it lost.

PE:

I thought that's also the Cityzen proposal. Yeah, having looked at this I wouldn't be surprised it lost on the basis of economics.

AoD

That was an inspiring vision by aA. Spectacular diversity in building forms, styles, and textures that flow perfectly with those conceptual public spaces. Reminds me a lot of Hamburg's HafenCity.

It's a very 1990s style PoMo-ish midrise which tries to look fully-glazed but will be covered largely by spandrel. A missed opportunity.

Some of the interiors look handsome and liveable in these renderings, but... otherwise, meh.

Last edited:
Ya, I'm not sure how much spandrel there will be...there appears to be substantial sized windows in the floor plans though.

At the very least, Tridel knows how to make an actual bedroom, with an actual door and an actual window lol...none of those sliding glass doors and internal bedrooms.

The suites look good, but nothing extraordinary. The PSF rates are quite high, as expected.

Wouldn't they have learned there lesson after Monde ???

Their prices appear to be less than Monde's when they first launched more than a year and a half ago (November 2011-ish).

But being right on the water, Tridel can command a relatively high price point. Plus, it's summer right now :cool: and people want to be by the waterfront in the summer -- they dream of a life of leisure here. Reality sets in mid-January. But sales are doing well, and I hear that Monde's recent re-launch is doing well, too. All encouraging signs for these developments to get built sooner rather than later.

Back