Toronto Angular Condos | 29.35m | 7s | Daffodil Developments | Square Vis Architects

angular-01.jpg

angular-02.jpg

angular-03.jpg

Thanks for the update! Looks like Broadview north of Danforth is getting more retail. Will be interesting to see if it develops into a retail strip.

This is very likely to end up in receivership. Dead in the water (or has been for several months)

I don't think it will go into "receivership" for the simple fact of who owns the land. I don't think money is an issue.

They were asking pretty high prices and these are not good times. Anyway, I expect the owner of this property just to sit on it and sell it off in the future or develop it when things are better.

I don't think it will go into "receivership" for the simple fact of who owns the land. I don't think money is an issue.

They were asking pretty high prices and these are not good times. Anyway, I expect the owner of this property just to sit on it and sell it off in the future or develop it when things are better.
You may be more in the know than me on this project. I don't know the owner, but I noticed the Daffodil website is down. I am just basing my statement off a conversation with a staffer at Daffodil and in reviewing the numbers for this project.

They closed on the land at $10m, which is a relatively hefty price to pay for 50 units and about 60,000 SF of GFA

You may be more in the know than me on this project. I don't know the owner, but I noticed the Daffodil website is down. I am just basing my statement off a conversation with a staffer at Daffodil and in reviewing the numbers for this project.

They closed on the land at $10m, which is a relatively hefty price to pay for 50 units and about 60,000 SF of GFA

10 million for 60k sq feet, so about $150/ft would not be an "overpay", if the price per foot was $1500+ (parking extra etc.) and sales were moving. The $10 million isn't really an "over pay", not in my opinion. But the condo market right now in Toronto is quite bad.

And $10 million is nothing for the owner. (Again, just stating an opinion.) For some ppl 10k is a lot, for others 10 mil. It's all relative I suppose.

This will stay empty for a few years and then built. But I have a feeling in the future they will reapply for more height.

Back