Toronto Adagio | 85m | 26s | Menkes | Giannone Petricone

This latest iteration looks unresolved to me. There's something unsatisfying in the way the arches meet the flat curtain glazing. I think this needs to be taken further, ie, the arches need to be stretched across the facades to meet at the corner. In other words, eliminate the flat curtain glazing.

I think his point was that the opportunity for a genuine Zaha designed building that she worked on herself is over for Toronto.

Wasn't a fan myself so perhaps I'm biased, There is so much unknown (in north America) talent out there. I would rather have that seeked out than a established star's name to scratch on our bed post. They will give more personal time and effort and the city will benefit.

Filler and Hadid settled and he issued a retraction, but I agree that her work was kind of meh.

This is meh?
520-west-28th-street-zaha-hadid-architects-new-york-city-high-line-usa_dezeen_2364_hero-1704x959.jpg
520-west-28th-street-zaha-hadid-architects-new-york-city-high-line-usa_dezeen_2364_hero-1704x959.jpg
https://www.dezeen.com/2018/03/16/z...etes-520-west-28th-street-condos-in-new-york/

I will fully endorse this proposal only if the anchor retail tenant is Indigo.

This building's design has had so many freaking iterations, each one worse than its predecessor. At this point, they've tried everything and the gimmicks have gone from stacked boxes to the white tetris motif to a zaha hadid knockoff and then to the haphazard mishmash above...

It just gets worse and worse. By the time all is said and done, it's just going to be another blue, spandrel laced, boxed block without all the gimmicks.

It's going to be embrassing to look at this thing from the Toronto Reference Library.

This is definitely watered down from the previous iteration. "Get rid of the curves! Make it buildable! Bring it in cheaper!," said developer to architect.

Back