Mississauga Absolute World | 169.77m | 56s | Cityzen | MAD architects

I was surprised to see that Mississauga's emerging skyline was visible from Toronto harbour near Ward's Island on August 20

And today my son pointed this forum out to me. Have been surfing it for hours enjoying the pics and comments.
Thank you!

Welcome to UrbanToronto, Stein!

If these buildings weren't built on the lower part of the City Centre, they would appear much taller in the skyline shots.

Thank you interchange42 for the welcome!

By the way - Stein auf Stein is a quote from a German children's song about busy bricklayers and means :Stone on Stone.... soon the little house will be finished

Today I was actually cursing the green lights (who would thought of that! - normally I swear at the red ones) I got in the Absolute area. Had my camera ready but never a chance to take a pic!
I took one photo last week but am too stupid to post it here.

Is it worth to visit the sales office or just when you have the small change to buy a suite?

Despite having toured the building, I haven't actually been in the sales office. Don't know why we didn't do that now... the building bowled us over enough that we didn't think we'd need to take another picture for months I suppose. Stein - anyone really - if you do head into the sales office - feel free to take and post pictures! (And Stein - get your son to show you how to post the images here via Flickr or Photobucket or similar!)

Of course the original sales office was torn down to make way for construction and it was quite impressive, the "new" sales is nothing more than an outpost.

Tower 4 moved up a level
20100824003.jpg

20100824006.jpg

20100824011.jpg

20100824014.jpg

20100824016.jpg

20100824023.jpg

20100824029.jpg

No need to learn how to post photos here: mine could not compete with Jasonzed's. They are great and reflect the gorgeousness of those towers.

But I was wondering about one thing - having no idea about construction and probably sounding naive - aren't they prone to get easier cracks especially from settling?

How could anyone not be impressed by these buildings. I'm so damn jealous (but happy for Mississauga!).

I wish it were like 70 storeys instead!

I can think of a few parking lots in Toronto where one or two taller versions of these babes would be perfect. Cityzen?

Last edited:

Back