Mississauga Absolute World | 169.77m | 56s | Cityzen | MAD architects

These buildings are going to be worshipped by photographers for years to come. Let's hope they are transformative for not just Mississauga, but the whole GTA.

yeah, similar to what the Turning Torso did for boring old Malmo Sweden. I actually dragged my ass out there to go have a look see.

We are true GEEKS if we are willing to bus it just to see a building in person. My wife Mocks me without mercy. Its ok though. I love buildings. And I LOVEEEE this building.

We are true GEEKS if we are willing to bus it just to see a building in person. My wife Mocks me without mercy. Its ok though. I love buildings. And I LOVEEEE this building.

haha. So it's not just me who has a wife who just doesn't "get it". When ever I mention tall buildings, cranes, concrete, freight trains, and other impressive engineering feats, she just laughs in my face! :)

I cant help myself. Everytime we go out I just see new stuff that I speak out loud about as if any one else cares. Sure my wife loves the final product. But shes an accountant NOT a city planner. Actually Im not either. Maybe in my next life. My wife does a combo, either mocks me or gets upset with me. She says all the time all I do is talking building building building. My response is, isnt that better than talking girls girls girls. Her response I dont know which Id rather be cheated on a building or another girl. At least I gave up my videogames.

Tower 5 moved up a level...
20100820004.jpg

20100820005.jpg

20100820a017.jpg

20100820a013.jpg

20100820a025.jpg

Last edited:
Jasonzed, you are our hero! I love all the POV's you get and all the great pictures you take for your photo updates. You must sneak into a lot of places! Hehehehe

That first one of yours today shows how tower 5 and 4 are like puzzle pieces for each other. They would fit nicely together.

I may be mistaken, but it looks like the last photos could have been taken from the 12th floor of Mississauga City Hall. The whole floor is a cafeteria that any one can go to and get 360 degree views of the City.

I'm of the same opinion of the what seems to be everyone on this forum, these are great!

But a question, have any of you been asking your friends / co-workers / blah about their opinion? To my surprise, I expected everyone to love it, while some do, I get a lot of "it's interesting, but it's just weird, I don't like it", and they're not referring to living in it (I made the clear to them) ... if I ask for details I get none ... it's bares a resemblance to the the ROM in that sense, to a way lesser degree, in the sense that, I haven't heard anyone say they hate this, whereas I've heard that about the ROM.

Anyone else have similar experiences? - I should clarify, these are regular folks that do seem to like a lot of modern architecture, but just not this ... odd ... from what I recall these people also hated the ROM so ... maybe they just don't anything *new* ... but I've heard it quite a bit.

^^^ double post

I'm liking them but as tower #4 nears completion I am thinking that the way this thing finishes at roof level will be an important detail.

^^^ double post

I'm liking them but as tower #4 nears completion I am thinking that the way this thing finishes at roof level will be an important detail.

err, sorry - anyway, I wasn't asking if you liked it :)
I agree with you but the renders have been pretty accurate so we should know what to expect.

On my way to and from work along Burnhamthorpe I always crane my neck at the intersection at Highway 10 to marvel at those two beautiful buildings. When I am lucky I get a red light and can indulge a little longer in this amazing sight! Due to an traffic accident (no not mine!!) I had to take a detour one day and drove "behind" them. I did not mind at all because I got an even more spectacular view.
From day one when it was announced that this design had been chosen and the international press took finally notice of Mississauga, I was smitten, keeping a sketch from the Mississauga News on my desk.
And today my son pointed this forum out to me. Have been surfing it for hours enjoying the pics and comments.
Thank you!

Back