Mississauga Absolute World | 169.77m | 56s | Cityzen | MAD architects

It's going to be very interesting watching these buildings. Khristopher, you're so lucky to have a view of it =P. (if that's the side you face)

I face east. It's north of me unfortunately, and if I go on my balcony and look north, there is a building inbetween me and the location that blocks my view of it. However, I just have to go outside and there it is :p

Jasonzed has done another comprehensive Mississauga update over at SSC...here are some pics of Absolute World, starting to take shape....the core on this one has some unusual forming...

mississauga1058.jpg

mississauga1057.jpg

mississauga1065.jpg

Wow, nice shot! It is very interesting how they must build the core first, as if it was an office tower in Downtown toronto.

Wow. I really realized how wide MCC streets were. If they ever choose to do it, they could put LRT on every street and still have six lanes of traffic!

Wow. I really realized how wide MCC streets were. If they ever choose to do it, they could put LRT on every street and still have six lanes of traffic!

You're surprised? Virtually nothing in the burbs is human scale.

Ok this is Hurontario we're talking about. It's our busiest road. Of course it's frakking wide. But we have normal sized streets too. Creditview is only two lanes in each direction. Same with Britannia. Same with Glen Erin.

Ok this is Hurontario we're talking about. It's our busiest road. Of course it's frakking wide. But we have normal sized streets too. Creditview is only two lanes in each direction. Same with Britannia. Same with Glen Erin.

To be fair he did say MCC. Creditview isn't MCC. However Hurontario and Burnhamthorpe are the only streets this wide in MCC, so it's not like every street is like this.
From what I remember MCC is planning on building amenities on streets like this along the street edge. I'd also like to see at least one lane removed for the LRT.

...does show that many lanes of traffic do not necessarily mean ruin. It's just that one needs the European possibly-the-greatest-city-in-the-world context to make it all work!

Also, many people who have done it say that driving around the Arc de Triomphe is one of the scariest things they've ever done.

...except of course where pictured above?!

Back