Mississauga Absolute World | 169.77m | 56s | Cityzen | MAD architects

I wonder where these beautiful towers would rank if there was a world competition for architecture? Probably top 5 I fathom. They certainly are extremely photogenic... Just as the beautiful, sexy, sultry Marylin Monroe was too.

I assume you used a tripod? And then PS or some other software? Agreed with everybody--great shots!!

Yes, I always try to use a tripod. It makes it much easier to compose a photo if the camera is still and you can look at the image hands-free even if you don't need the tripod otherwise. I have a rather large tripod but have rigged up a good carrying method on my bike rack!

I tone-mapped the photos using Photomatix. I've tried a few different HDR software and this is my favourite. Other than some cropping, that was pretty much it.

Question for thread. Why isn't a Toronto developer calling on the architect who did the Marilyn (Yansong Ma) to design something for Toronto? Everyone agrees it's a great building. So what's the deal?

So where is the roof we are supposed to see? We've been promised twice by the Cityzen rep on here that it will be different, but yet it's still the same!

I used to work in outside sales in a territory that included Mississauga when these two towers started going up, and I have been fascinated ever since. I have in that time not once taken my camera out though. I watched them grow up, but have never taken a single photo. This weekend I found myself with some free time and made the trip.

I spent maybe 45 minutes walking around and snapping, and these really are stunning buildings. I could have spent hours more and still been finding new angles. Other than the balcony panels, I don't think you can find a straight line anywhere, and they just seem to glisten as if wet. They pretty much photograph themselves.

Absolutely amazing photos.

Back