Mississauga Absolute World | 169.77m | 56s | Cityzen | MAD architects

From the December 2nd official opening...picture by yours truly...
20111202031.jpg

From today...
20120220029.jpg

Even on the completed tower, the bottlecaps (and their obviously darker venting in little rectangles) just ruin the entire effect and are such an unfortunate touch. Because otherwise these towers are incredibly stunning!

Even on the completed tower, the bottlecaps (and their obviously darker venting in little rectangles) just ruin the entire effect and are such an unfortunate touch. Because otherwise these towers are incredibly stunning!

You get used to it...just strange how they said something would be done about it months ago and yet nothing ever happened.

Can there be a moratorium on the "bottle cap" talk?

The buildings aren't finished. The cladding on the ground floor is not even complete!

Can there be a moratorium on the "bottle cap" talk?

The buildings aren't finished. The cladding on the ground floor is not even complete!

Nothing is complete in these buildings, it still looks like a construction site inside. Not even all the elevators are functional yet on building 4.

I've been wondering about that too every time I open this thread, hoping to see photos of the tops changing. It doesn't ruin the the buildings for me but I don't like them, it's a big disappointment.

Back