Mississauga Absolute World | 169.77m | 56s | Cityzen | MAD architects

Safe to presume the public art is by Francisco Gazitua? Chilean, has been doing work in the region already (he's effectively been Concord Adex's go-to guy for City Place other than Canoe Landing) and he sure does love doing sculptural metal horses.

Last edited:
playing around...
20111120020.jpg

20111120028.jpg

I was actually chilling in `Sauga today with some friends at Square One. First time checking out Absolute in real life. Those babes are mesmerizing.

Nov 22nd: Mississauga Urban Design Awards Ceremony
20111122017.jpg

The developers of Absolute showed a great video on the making of Absolute 4and 5. I spoke with a couple of the players along with Yansong Ma, who sat in front of me, and without question are very proud of their accomplishment and rightly so. The balcony glass on the tower 5 was flipped/reversed after the 4th or 5th floor because it was too green in some lighting conditions, now it's frosted white - much better! The lower floors will be adjusted accordingly. The podium will be similar but not exactly like the render.

Interesting note: The mayor said that, in her trade/business missions to different countries, the CN Tower has been replaced by the Absolute Towers as the symbol/icon of the GTA -cool...

Ma and Madame
20111122029.jpg

Last edited:
Very interesting, Jason - wish I'd known about it....were you able to ask Mr. Ma the million dollar question- "are you planning any other projects in the GTA?"

As per JasonZed's comments above about switching the balcony glass on tower 5, this picture really highlights how on the 8th floor or so the balcony glass goes from greenish to white. Much better with the white in my opinion. Thanks JasonZed!!

absoluteworld.JPG

Attachments

• absoluteworld.JPG
    absoluteworld.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 287
great pics Jason....is that view from Onyx? Amazing...

There is a really lost opportunity here to have done something great at the bases of these towers - dropping a shoebox in front was a cop out.

The towers look great though.

Last edited:

Back