Mississauga Absolute World | 169.77m | 56s | Cityzen | MAD architects

I definitely prefer the rotation follow the curve of tower 5, but I think it still looks good regardless. I think it's going to be staying like that also. Ah well!

I think I prefer the glass to go opposite the rotation - it will make the lines more graceful when complete.

What I don't like at the moment is the two shades of glass. The first 5 or 6 floors are consistent, with a slight greenish tinge from the lead during tempering, while recently added glass appears to have a lower lead content and is more clear, making the white pattern look more white. I prefer the look of the newer clear/white glass, but the fact that it's mixed right now looks very unappealing. You can see this most clearly where the two glass types run into each other on one of the floors.

I hope it's an intentional change and whichever they are not using will be replaced, rather than it being a screw up by the glass supplier.

I 'absolute'ly love the white fritt better than the green, and also wish it followed the curves instead of going the opposite way, but loving the glass either way.

I really hope that skeleton frame goes up soon on the podium.

Woohooo!

from Flar
p354994384-5.jpg

Still no word on what type of retail will be going in?

Going out on a limb, I would say Second Cup would take the south end, Rabba/Mac Milk/? in the 2nd south end, dry cleaner in one of the other 2 large units using only haft the space and anyone guess what else may go in there.

i'm starting to like these towers a lot... they've grown considerably on me... before i was like "oh these are cool, and not something you see everyday, but would only be cool in mississauga and not look good in a city... i'm starting to re-consider,. these things are AMAZING up close... just imagine these where U condos would go up... WOW!. massive piece of public art... bound to pop up in a blockbuster movie... i mean, i was at the Sony Store the other day, and saw a picture of these posted on a digital photo frame... not to mention, it's already been featured in that Ford commercial (or whatever car commercial it was).

these are movie stars already... Mississauga gonna become the new city stand-in?

i mean, the glass is definitely not of the best quality, the townhouse podium thing is weak/underwhelming compared to it, and the white caps at the top need be fixed (soon), but overall, this special.

Ha Ha, my count is 110 posts since the last derisive comment about Mississauga on this thread. What will be the next record?

Maybe there will be a miracle and there won't be any more anti-Mississauga anti-suburb derisive comments until the end of time, in 2012.

Maybe there will be a miracle and there won't be any more anti-Mississauga anti-suburb derisive comments until the end of time, in 2012.

Mississauga sucks !

Guess not eh ? ;)

jk - these towers are great.

Back