Mississauga Absolute World | 169.77m | 56s | Cityzen | MAD architects

i wonder how well these buildings perform in terms of swaying (or do they not sway at all due to their shape?!)

The WORST thing about skyscrapers to me is building sway. i hate it. no matter how subtle it might be.

As of Friday, Feb 18, the jib cranes are gone from Tower D.
5457408888_5b11a6a0bc_b.jpg

5456802301_9af8f955ff_b.jpg

i wonder how well these buildings perform in terms of swaying (or do they not sway at all due to their shape?!)

The WORST thing about skyscrapers to me is building sway. i hate it. no matter how subtle it might be.

Oh I'm sure that they do...

I have a friend who lives on the 43rd floor of Palace Pier and sometimes, he'll come home and the pictures will all be crooked after high winds...

Last edited:
Earlier I had asked whether the underside of the concrete (i.e. the balcony ceilings) would be painted. Sure enough, driving by there a couple of days ago, they were painted grey. Looked very nice!

Perhaps Ma should have incorporated a "shimmy" effect in his slinky Marilyn tower - isn't there a condo in South America or somewhere where each floor is designed to spin around the core?

Aww, the Dubai boom years. Such great memories: the mile high building, the underwater hotel, the replicated pyramids, the escalator to the moon...

Anybody heard anything about move in dates yet for Phase 4? I would hope the lower levels should be almost ready by now.

Is that balcony glass I spy on the bottom of tower 5?! You should have zoomed in on that and got a pic! Guess you didn't notice it.

That low-rise building by the street (which isn't a true podium) looks like an afterthought in front of these towers. It reminds me of one of those simple commercial buildings that have historically been built in front of houses, churches, and other buildings along a major street so that the owner can have a retail space. They merely stand in the way of the good stuff. Fortunately, they look like they can be one day demolished one day without impacting the towers, as has been the fate of some of those commercial buildings.

junctionist, it's not complete yet. There is more details to come on that. I think it looks alright actually. The towers are the star of the show.

Back