Toronto 980 Lansdowne Avenue | 101.14m | 36s | Neudorfer | Gabriel Bodor

Sunrise, Oct. 8th, 2020 from 812 Lansdowne Ave. In the first year of the plague and the Davenport Diamond project

IMG_6862D.jpg

I gotta admit I kind like that pastel tones De Stijl spandrel thing (daycare?). If we're going to have to have spandrel walls everywhere at least this one is having some fun with it and playing with the form. With the roofline and entranceway arch it kind of has a PoMo aspect as well.

It also a bit to me evokes colourful window panels in older school architecture that I've seen around the city.

Looks like they got the inspiration from the tower on the NE corner of Dupont & Lansdowne. 👎

View attachment 309241View attachment 309242View attachment 309243View attachment 309244

Why would anyone do something like that, on purpose?

It's one thing when the building falls short of the render.................

But when the render starts out as regrettable.....

Ugh!

Last edited:
Remember the architect's website had some really hilarious quotes and typos, and references to eggplants or something silly.
You can still access
www.bodorarchitect.com
When you go to the internet archive.

MORE IMPORTANTLY
Oh where in the world is this building rendering floating, certainly not Toronto? Laughable and despicable.
1617202176997.png

Jesus Christ that's awful. Looks like something out of the 1998 Peel Condo Guide.
Come on, Mississauga doesn't have such horrible structures
More like the run down apartment buildings at Jane and Falstaff

I'll see you in hell Gabriel Bodor. Of course they put the white panel van in front of the daycare. Creepy.

This wouldn't even be as bad if they did all variegated panels or all one colour. The overly-ambitious but aesthetically-underwhelming blend of the two isn't helping anyone.

Back