Toronto 96 Spadina | 69.5m | 16s | Allied | Sweeny &Co

Haha, i don't know about that?...i think it's beautiful:cool:
Do you really think so ? Why does it always have to be 100% glass box. At least jagged the windows in angle and add some light panneling along the sides of the them. Have some nice detailed column fixtures flank each corner of this development to compliment the buildings below. Bottom line make it more solid looking !

Do you really think so ? Why does it always have to be 100% glass box. At least jagged the windows in angle and add some light panneling along the sides of the them. Have some nice detailed column fixtures flank each corner of this development to compliment the buildings below. Bottom line make it more solid looking !
Yeah it needs a bit of tweaking, but it's structures like this that put Toronto in the Big League

Very happy all heritage facades getting preserved plus a complementary podium in bricks, red and warm colours

I know you're you, but you're really tone-deaf-bitching about a project that's unprecedented in North America?

I know you're you, but you're really tone-deaf-bitching about a project that's unprecedented in North America?
He’s right though. And his comment wasn’t ranting. But a legit point. The glass box comment for sure is one that will keep coming up. There’s a reason people are bored with that shape.

Personally I like it only for that support part looking like it’s holding u the whole thing. That is an interesting feature. But that’s it.

Just curious - what makes this project unprecedented in North America? That’s neat to hear, and I’d like to understand why it is.
The existing building on Spadina won't support the new floors above it: the new ones will be hung from the new needle-shaped supports, as expressed on the exterior.

Anyone ever consider the cost premium to engineer and construct this first of its kind support system for the “glass box”? How about retaining all those facades that everyone is so impressed with? Can’t be cheap.
With all those extra costs I’m sure they had to consider cheaper alternatives elsewhere. You can’t win em all, people!
At the end of the day the project has to be financially feasible or it’s not happening.

I don't Instagram so I don't have a clue if I've done this right...

I don't Instagram so I don't have a clue if I've done this right...

This is where that link goes:

1625164410079.png

Back